We've covered Se7en, now Scream (don't actually scream)

Tools    

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
for me it was the opposite i saw my first R rated movies when i was 3 years old. terminator 2 and alien
WoW, you must have grown into one sick and twisted son of a b*tch.

you have no idea

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Hmmm... Sure, the big profit that Scream made was what made other comapnies follow the concept. But just as with Se7en there must be a reason to why the film became such an unexpected success. I don't believe, the reason to why companies and producers wanted to follow the example of Se7en was that the film inspired them enormously on an artistic level, but just as with Scream they saw something, for the business relatively different, that made a **** load of money. What I think Scream brought to the genre was the irony and the mix between slasher and comedy. I also think it appealed to a wide range of people because of its references to 70s and 80s horror/slasher films as well as being something seemingly fresh for the younger generation. Again, as with Se7en, I think this kind of movie is typical for the age we live in where presentation is more important than content. But where Se7en commented on that (this) age, Scream is a product of it. It's not a film about reality and it's not depicting our world. It's more like a film about film with characters representing or symbolizing other characters from the world of film...
Excellent point and really well-put!

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
This movie is sort of special to me, only because it was the first rated R movie I have ever seen. When I was growing up, I wasn't allowed to watch anything rated above PG-13 because my mother was really strict. Scream came out when I was 13. And I snuck off to see it. This is why I have to play catch-up on so many movies I should have already seen.
I can relate.

Skiny White Film Fan
Not even worth having Seven in the same sentence.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Now, open your mind, rabbit boy!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Pidd, I advise you to get the lastest mojo magazine (if you can get hold of it). It's an Ian Curtis special.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Thanks. Yeah, we get it here. Some MoFos perhaps remember the time when I started a thread because of Mojo's 100 greatest rock icons ever list.