When you watch a film, and you don't understand the word?

Tools    

“The key to something?”

A while back I was reading & a Brit man in the book mentioned using a spanner. I had to jump out of bed, find my dictionary & confirm that a spanner is a wrench. So many differences here, but most of them I know now.
Technically, of course! “The key to a wheel.” But in practice, it actually does mean “wrench”. Go figure. (Hopefully, been a while since I encountered that one).

Ha, I knew that “wrench” and “spanner” were one and the same, not sure where from, maybe brothers, but if I had to remember that in the heat of the moment, I doubt that I would.

⬆️ Molette is a wheel? Didn’t know this.

⬆️ Molette is a wheel? Didn’t know this.
Can mean a bunch of things, including “button”. Don’t put me on the spot here. Might be something like “scroll wheel”. I’m pretty sure it is “wheel”, but God knows.

The trick is not minding
I watched Kes earlier this year, which is hard to understand with the Yorkshire dialect. I had to watch it with subtitles.

…………….Carry on……..

I watched Kes earlier this year, which is hard to understand with the Yorkshire dialect. I had to watch it with subtitles.

…………….Carry on……..
It’s hard for anyone to watch without subtitles. I use subtitles for everything I watch.

When you watch a film, you don't understand the word or a word you never heard of, do you write the word down just in case you forget it? For example, smackeroo.

If I'm watching at home, I'll pause the movie and look up the word if I feel it's important to understand the scene.