Golf

Tools    

Me and Golf are a lethal combination. I actually managed to swing the club, miss the ball, near take my ex out and hit myself on the head with it. Safe to say I never tried to play again after that little episode.

Me and Golf are a lethal combination.
A lot of people think the same thing, though they still play..lol!

I am awful at golf, so bad that I will never play again!! i do love watching it though, I was at the Irish open for the 4 days at Royal Portrush. 10 miles down the road from where I live.

Although I watch all sports except for gaelic, softball, lacrosse and aussie rules. (sorry powderfinger, I just dont "get it"! )

aussie rules. (sorry powderfinger, I just dont "get it"! )
That's alright because I follow Rubgy League rather then airiel (I can't spell it) ping pong!

Rubgy League

Aussie Rules

Yeah, my old Man (father) played Union and what does he watch now? Rubgy League..lol! One of my brothers loved Soccer (football) and he was pretty good, then he had to do Rubgy League...he was s***! lol! One of my brothers was pretty good, though he don't admit it, he was soft! He couldn't take the punishment. What I heard, my Father was a pretty Union player. Though my Pop on my Mother's side, he played for South Sydney after the War. He was a winger. He's dead now.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Any Golf fans on here? The GOAT has returned to Augusta, gonna be a n epic weekend!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
lol

Not really a fan. Might be if I ever played though. When I was 13 or so, my dad bought be a club set. I'm a lefty so that was a novelty. He golfed. Enjoyed it. Figured he'd take me one Saturday to use my clubs. For context, I had never played before that day nor did I have any interest in it before that day. My parents were divorced, so I guess this was his attempt at bonding (something he was never good at). Anyway. So we go golfing and rent a cart. At some point during the day he says he's going to walk on ahead to the green, leaving me with the cart halfway through the fairway struggling to move the ball just a few yards at a time. At some point I look up and see dad waving me up. I can tell he's saying something to me, but he was too quiet for me to make it out. So of course I shout back, "WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU? WHAAAAT???" At that point he just turns around and begins to ignore me. I get my club bagged and hop into the cart to drive over to him. As I'm driving I'm trying to get his attention because obviously he didn't hear me earlier. "HEY DAD! WHAT DID YOU SAY? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU! TOO FAR AWAY!!!"

By the time I pulled in to pick him up he was pissed. Like I knew golf etiquette! He was a perfectionist but really sucked as a teacher and lacked patience. As it turned out, there was a group on the tee waiting for us to clear out. He just wanted me off the fairway to let them play through. My yelling embarrassed him.

So yeah. I've not played since.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Paint drying, water boiling, grass growing > Golf.

Football (the real one), Rugby, Tennis. Indoors, Bridge!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Certainly I will watch in between everything else I'm doing.
Same. I'll haveit on in the background just for some 'voice noise' if I feel like it. I dont play golf or know the rules of the game, but there's something comforting for me about the greenery and the commentary even if I'm not paying attention.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Augusta is special, easily the most beautiful course in the World, and probably one of the most beautiful places on Earth too.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Augusta is special, easily the most beautiful course in the World, and probably on Earth too.
I just googled. Wow. Looks pretty schmick. I think that gets used for location shots a bit just from a very quick glance?

Really pretty.

Augusta is pretty for sure.

Talking about pretty, I just found this last week. Nice little place.