What movie made you cry in theaters?

Tools    

I had a love that grew old with time... About 25 minutes, I think it was.
Good timing for you to have gotten out of it that soon!

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
The dog scene in 'the fly 2' I always cried at that .
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

~Loves a good classic movie~
Terms of Endearment
Steel Magnolias

I saw Joy Luck Club by myself in the theater when it first came out. I had several teary moments. But in the row in front of me were a group of older Asian ladies. They cried much of the time -- deep, soul-wrenching sobbing. Normally this would have annoyed me, but it just added authenticity to the experience.

I also hate being manipulated but have to admit to being an softy about sad endings. Tearing up when Dorothy says goodbye to the Tin Man. That sort of thing.

But the one movie that got to me the most was a made-for-TV tear-jerker named Phoenix and Griffin. Peter Falk and Jill Clayburgh. The final few scenes are just killer. Don't watch this if you're already having a bad day.
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

You ready? You look ready.
Do you mean cry because it's sad, or it really sucks and I want my money back?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

There are a number of movies that have made me cry, one of the first was The Elephant Man. John Hurt's performance was amazing, and the film treated the subject matter with dignity.

There are some movies that made me cry, but I think the one who made me cry the most is Lars Von Trier's Dancer in the Dark, that movie was shocking for me