Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

um? In the book it shows he has slang for many terms that would be impossible to understand without knowing him not to mention he has a thick accent and his grammar skills are not very good as demonstrated by the rooms script which btw had to have a rewrite to make it intelligible. I greatly respect this man and dont understand how saying he has trouble communicating is offensive?

Animal Factory (2000)
Dir: Steve Buscemi

I used to think this movie was good until my rewatching of it the other night. That's where I was made aware of how bad this movie really is. It's just kind of funky and vile. There is this kind of slimy and sloppy mood running through it. Mickey Rourke shows up as a completely unnecessary transvestite inmate who is just about wasted, and his story goes nowhere. Edward Furlong is just too wimpy and feminine, and that's where the story just feels nasty, especially considering Willem Dafoe is his mentor and friend without benefits (?) who comes to his aid in this rough prison movie.

The whole thing just felt repellently 1990's despite it being released at the cusp of the millenium. The straightforward manner in which the scenes played out felt hokey and boring. The movie was essentially boring and uninspired. There were a handful of scenes that had me take notice but nothing truly great or juicy. This is all just soggy cereal.

Danny Trejo is among the badass inmates and his performance just feels fake. He's smiling most of the movie. As a matter of fact, the whole prison gang eventually seems to adopt this comfortable sitcom-like affability that completely discounts the menace we are meant to feel and believe if this was to be a true prison film, which I do not believe that it is.

Eh, I'll never need to sit through this movie again, that's for sure. It's a bit of a letdown, but nothing major. I enjoy Dafoe, but here he is just unrealistic, creepy and a bit pathetic in the scope of things. Buscemi did decent work with his previous debut film Tree's Lounge. Animal Factory on the other hand is kind of a rough going follow-up.

This is a rare case where I think if this story was filmed today it would be a much, much better film.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Animal factory: Dayum.How to wreck a great cast!

10 Cloverfield Lane:I really enjoyed that after disliking the first . Absolutely loved John Goodman!!! and the end was definitely 'nutty'.

um? In the book it shows he has slang for many terms that would be impossible to understand without knowing him not to mention he has a thick accent and his grammar skills are not very good as demonstrated by the rooms script which btw had to have a rewrite to make it intelligible. I greatly respect this man and dont understand how saying he has trouble communicating is offensive?
Okay, fair enough this was what i responding to.

the trouble Tommy has communicating and how he is often rude (probably not fully understanding why what he says is rude)
As i said i haven't read the book and i saw your post a different way than intended.

I still don't agree that we should respond to The Room with anything other than good natured hilarity though. Dunno why a spectacular failure becoming something spectacular in its own way isn't a good thing, this is held in a different level from say Plan 9 for example. Plan 9 was full of amateurish goofs and bad acting, The Room is technically competently shot with good equipment but it's an epic mess in a way that people had never really seen. It's a great and important film in its own way and i think Wiseau knows that which is why he champions it all around NYC.

Although Im not sure its confirmed where Tommy was born he himself claimed somewhere in Europe so I think we can deduce that English isn't his first language; So when I was speaking of his rudeness and how he himself is often unaware of it I was referring to the language barrier he has which is also supported by his weak understanding of the English language. Often time the book shows encounters where Tommy seems completely naive about the rudeness of some of his comments to others.

Sorry I offended you

I think we can deduce that English isn't his first language; So when I was speaking of his rudeness and how he himself is often unaware of it I was referring to the language barrier he has which is also supported by his weak understanding of the English language.

Sorry I offended you
You didn't. Thought you were being hypocritical, you were not.

wait I just realized that last bit didn't make sense lol. About 30 percent of the things I say are messed up

Oh, does the movie assume that part's true? Yeah, in the book it just seems like suspicions and insinuations. Not really based on nothing, but if the movie shows him actually knee-deep in mob stuff, that's somewhere between educated guess and creative liberty, compared to the book.
I still have yet to see The Room.

If you or anyone else is feeling adventurous, seek out a film called R.O.T.O.R. It's obnoxiously bad.

Death on the Nile 1978
Just about a perfect murder mystery, and even tho I knew the ending, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again. Agatha Christie is a writer I envy for her seemingly effortless mastery of making a story flow, strong characters, sly humor and suspense -and this movie honors, if not surpasses, the book.Great scenery too. A timeless murder mystery; sheer entertainment and I loved the indelible words that end this charming movie from
(Peter Ustinov, the best of all the film Poirots) and his friend (the dapper and ever classy David Niven):

Ustinov: mumbling in a foreign tongue
Niven: "I do wish you would speak in some known language"
Ustinov: "The ambition of a woman is to inspire love."

Just a delight, I give it an A.

Death on the Nile 1978
Just about a perfect murder mystery, and even tho I knew the ending, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again. Agatha Christie is a writer I envy for her seemingly effortless mastery of making a story flow, strong characters, sly humor and suspense -and this movie honors, if not surpasses, the book.Great scenery too. A timeless murder mystery; sheer entertainment and I loved the indelible words that end this charming movie from
(Peter Ustinov, the best of all the film Poirots) and his friend (the dapper and ever classy David Niven):

Ustinov: mumbling in a foreign tongue
Niven: "I do wish you would speak in some known language"
Ustinov: "The ambition of a woman is to inspire love."

Just a delight, I give it an A.

Lensman (1984)

I loved it!
I knew you would, and you are welcome for fixing you post.

I don't think that at all, i think her direction was exactly what was called for. I'm happy to expand on that but i think we just don't agree.
It's cool to disagree - can't all like the same things and neither should we imo.

Dawn of the Dead (2004, Zack Snyder) - Unrated Version

Those first 15 minutes up to and including the opening title sequence were great and easily my favorite part of the movie.

Otherwise, I thought it was a decent remake, although not great imo. The action was good but the acting just didn't cut it for me, the love story felt unnecessary and kinda half-baked, and there was just not enough horror atmosphere to keep the suspense going.

Fish Tank (Andrea Arnold, 2009)
+
Almost as many ho's as a Christmas movie