Lets Talk Football

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Ahhh, that Dele Alli goal!

Great game, considering it was mainly based around an own goal for a long period. Scoreline was a bit harsh on Palace in the end given opportunities were pretty even across the game, but we ran away with it at the end

Looking forward to MotD and seeing the Liverpool carnage too

And it gets worse. Surely a Charlie Austin winner was the most predicted bet of the day? We're 5th and as many points away from 4th as we are 10th. Frankly, talking about it is about as boring as watching it. So I'll stop.

Any suspicions about far East betting syndicates and the Norwich/Liverpool game? What else could explain how badly both team were trying to lose that game? It was as if they'd been nobbled by opposing syndicates. I think the penalty was the only goal which happened as it should've and that came from the most brainless and downright weird tackle I've seen in the league this season. In fact, anywhere. There's been some odd actions/tackles around Europe this season, but none as meaningless as that.

I mean, that's mad, but at least you can see the purpose.

Even the best teams need to be lucky in some games and Spurs showed that against Palace. They deserved to win and win well, but let's face it, Palace can feel slightly hard done by considering the number of times they hit the woodwork.

The poor Stoke showed up against Leicester and they were easily beaten. There's a stat going around atm that had Mahrez scored the two penalties he missed in recent games (and Leicester had gone on to win those games, which seems reasonable) that Leicester would be seven points clear at the top. That's mad. I thought they'd fall away second half and finish 6th or something like that. They still might, but it's not looking likely at all.

More dropped points for City. Kompany can't come back soon enough for them, but if Arsenal win today it might be a little too late. I think City have the better squad, but they miss their missing players more than Arsenal do. It doesn't feel right to say that they miss their big players more than other teams do, but that does seem to be the case. I said early on (after Chelsea were obviously done) that between Arsenal and City the winner of the league would be the one which had the least injuries. I think Arsenal have had more, but the length and significance of the injuries to City seem to be taking more effect. As someone who puts the team before the individual in football in all but the most extreme circumstances, I'm quite pleased about that. If we're really lucky, it'll be Leicester that wins it all and the team will win out totally.

Just one thing about the back pages today. Does anyone think Jose has written a six page 'love letter' to United telling them he can change?

I couldn't (and it's still not really something I can truly believe) but then, I remember his interview after Real beat United in the CL and he fawned over United as if it was a job interview. So, maybe there's more to it than I'd think?

I mean, for Jose that's practically a BJ.

I know. It's amazing. Were we not so completely useless I'd be wondering whether we could sneak up and nick it. I'm cheering Leicester and Spurs for the title.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I think Spurs will make a serious push. Wouldn't be surprised if they manage to take it.
I can't see it. I think Man City and Arsenel will battle it out for top while Leicster drop to third and spurs stay fourth.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I can't see it. I think Man City and Arsenel will battle it out for top while Leicster drop to third and spurs stay fourth.
Man City has been awful this season. I can't see them changing until Pep takes over.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Man City has been awful this season. I can't see them changing until Pep takes over.
I agree they have been aweful, but i can see them really turning it on now. Them and Arsenal will race to the end. Spurs have looked great this season, but i just think they will drop points leading till the end.

I agree they have been aweful, but i can see them really turning it on now. Them and Arsenal will race to the end. Spurs have looked great this season, but i just think they will drop points leading till the end.
Man City seem to pick it up when it comes to the final stretch of the season. Perhaps they relish the do-or-die stakes of a title push. I hope they win it. If not, I'd gladly accept Leicester lifting the trophy.

City are going to have to improve their away form if they're to win the league. I read today that Kompany is another month away from coming back, so I doubt it's going to improve anytime soon.

Reports that LVG offered to resign (again) after the Southampton defeat. I know I've mentioned it before, but Woodward really, really needs to go when LVG does. I've read and heard quite a few times from journalists and people near the club that he's a ditherer and that, combined with his ridiculous obsession with bringing in 'Galacticos' rather than players the manager needs/wants just isn't United. I think the reason he won't accept his resignation is because that's his man and he may well feel his fortunes are linked with him.

I've said it before, but United need to decide what kind of club they're going to be because, a few more seasons of this, and it won't be their choice anymore.

I think Stoke could take this tonight.

The weather might play into Stoke's hands if they decide to play like old Stoke. Crouch up front, lots of crosses into the box in that wind? Liverpool have problems defending that in good conditions.