Top 100 Films - ModernFlix

→ in
Tools    

This thread rocks it is the whole reason I have been logged on for so long today. When do you get to see not one but both Scary Movies in a top 10. I think their is some more Scary Movies but I have never got around to giving a crap about Scary movie so i am not to sure. Thanks Jake for making my day bud.

Best. Thread. Ever.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

When you say you grew up watching these movies...does that mean you grew up watching slasher films, lol? Some of your choices I quite like, others are really not my thing at all. But you're honest about your choices so that's good.

Well that was an entertaining read. Although some of the one liners and contradiction exposing was funny, some of you guys were a unnecessarily rude. Can't boil it down to one individual but the way some of you's ganged up on him/her was surprising, to say the least. There is a difference between negative criticism and just being a plain twat. My younger sister likes a lot of what he likes, infact, they have very identical tastes, but I like that she has her kind of vibe with films and that she is open minded to all types of horror and comedy. Just because he doesn't have some obscure sepia toned hammer horror flick that nobody's ever heard of in his top 10, doesn't give people the right to look down on him.

Obviously it's far from my favourite list on here, but he has put in some decent and event great films there. Everyone knows I love Mortal Kombat, so rep for that. I would probably put it a bit higher on my list. Boogie Nights is wonderful, too.

You seem to like a lot of horror films, which is fine by me. Sometimes it's nice to see a list with a distinctive flavour to it, and horror is your thing. You named some good ones too, Scream probably being the best one as Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven deconstruct the entire genre and it itself is genuinely scary and funny at times.

The only beef I have with the list is that it would have been nice to have had a bit more information on why you like so and so. Like giving us a short paragraph on what made you like the film would have probably made it more interesting. Somebody mentioned how you had sequels to great films, and I agree that was noticeable. Hard to imagine somebody preferring Die Hard sequels to the original

You'll probably find that your taste will differ as you get older as you'll experience things in life that more mature and complex films will reflect. Don't let the negativity discourage.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Just because he doesn't have some obscure sepia toned hammer horror flick that nobody's ever heard of in his top 10.
lol. i love you, Prestige.

i agree. just keep watching movies; even if they're shite.