Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

I dont get why its a cowardly thing too avoid super beings by dodging them too stay alive. Batman isnt Iron Man where he has high powered laser blasts and can take a beating in his suit and not leave a scratch. Batmans cunning a traps and doing his part in the team is what Justice League is. I garantee you many Gotham villains will tell you batman is no coward.

Originally Posted by False Writer
I think Batman didn't use his classic tools because he knew that they wouldn't do anything to Superman,
Really? That's a pretty flimsy reason.

the Kryptonite weapons were all that mattered, and those boobytraps in the beginning were just merely to stall Superman.
They coulda been a LOT more creative than that. Besides, what was Batman stalling him for? All he did was stand there as they did nothing to him. No initiative? No contingency plans? No now-that-I've-trapped-you-with-this-I-can-hit-you-with-this?

The Doomsday fight did seem to show Batman's vulnerability.
WARNING: "BvS" spoilers below
Yeah, nukes don't kill him so long as he's got a little sunlight, but a stab through the chest? Lethal.
It's cloudy.
There's nothing we can do.
We can't preserve him until it's sunny.
It's too late.
No phoenix downs won't work.

Oh wait, you meant Batman.

( o_o) Ooooh... he's physically vulnerable. Maybe we should put him in a hole for the rest of the movieSHEBANG!

I think that he didn't get directly involve because he didn't really have a gameplan like he did with the Superman fight, and when you have 2 superhumans fighting it out with the monster, why would you want to run in all suicidal like?
I don't think you're getting the whole "creativity" argument here. Batman's options aren't limited to Prepare Traps and Bum Rush.

Those few seconds establishes who is gonna be the Flash in future movies though.
And that's only the second of at most 3 reasons why Batman v Superman was apparently "flawed". That's beyond trivial.

Originally Posted by Northpoint
It really is as bad as all the critics claim if not actually worse. It's a movie that is the definition of dour and could be the gloomiest and most sullen big budget movie ever made.
*hacking cough*

Originally Posted by Northpoint
There literally is so much to hate about what they puked on to the screen here. The one saving featuring that saves this mess from true 0/10 level was Affleck as Batman.
Ahehehehehe... I got a movie recommendation for ya.

Originally Posted by NedStark09
I dont get why its a cowardly thing too avoid super beings by dodging them too stay alive. Batman isnt Iron Man where he has high powered laser blasts and can take a beating in his suit and not leave a scratch. Batmans cunning a traps and doing his part in the team is what Justice League is. I garantee you many Gotham villains will tell you batman is no coward.
It's not about cowardice (at least not to me), it's about Batman not being involved in the finale. He might as well of pulled a Lois Lane, tripped into an ankle-deep puddle and nearly drowned himself for all the use he was.

Really? That's a pretty flimsy reason.

How is that a flimsy reason? Why would he still use his tools when he knows they won't work?

They coulda been a LOT more creative than that. Besides, what was Batman stalling him for? All he did was stand there as they did nothing to him. No initiative? No contingency plans? No now-that-I've-trapped-you-with-this-I-can-hit-you-with-this?

I most definitely agree that they could have. Don't get me wrong, there are things in the movie I don't agree with, but it is what it is.

To me, Batman was looking for the right time to use the Kryptonite. He used those traps to make Superman think that was all he had, and then caught him by surprise when it was used.

WARNING: "BvS" spoilers below
Yeah, nukes don't kill him so long as he's got a little sunlight, but a stab through the chest? Lethal.
It's cloudy.
There's nothing we can do.
We can't preserve him until it's sunny.
It's too late.
No phoenix downs won't work.

Oh wait, you meant Batman.

Kryptonite is the ONLY thing that can kill Superman. So yeah... it actually is like that.

( o_o) Ooooh... he's physically vulnerable. Maybe we should put him in a hole for the rest of the movieSHEBANG!
I can't remember it very well, but when I was a kid I did watch some of the Justice League animated series, and I remember a couple times they would bring up Batman's vulnerability and lack of superpowers. They may have not explained things well in this one, but I predict that in the Justice League movie they will go more in-depth with that issue (note that I said "predict" not that they will, who knows what will happen in JL)

I don't think you're getting the whole "creativity" argument here. Batman's options aren't limited to Prepare Traps and Bum Rush.

I really do get that argument—and I agree with you. There were so many ways that they could have gone about it better; however, I didn't mind it that much because Affleck did a good job as Batman, so I can overlook those problems.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying this was an "amazing" movie, but I do think people are bashing it a little too much. IMO it's far from the worst movie ever.

And that's only the second of at most 3 reasons why Batman v Superman was apparently "flawed". That's beyond trivial.

Eh, I don't remember anyone saying that there were only 3 flaws and that the Flash was one of them. There were much, much more.
^^^ See above.

How is that a flimsy reason? Why would he still use his tools when he knows they won't work?
How do you know he knows they won't work?
To me, Batman was looking for the right time to use the Kryptonite. He used those traps to make Superman think that was all he had, and then caught him by surprise when it was used.
Fascinating.
Kryptonite is the ONLY thing that can kill Superman. So yeah... it actually is like that.
Except it isn't.
I really do get that argument—and I agree with you. There were so many ways that they could have gone about it better; however, I didn't mind it that much because Affleck did a good job as Batman, so I can overlook those problems.
From my perspective Affleck SHOULD have done a good job, that's the bare minimum required for us to give a damn. As it is, I felt pretty cheated with the action we got in the rest of the movie, so the advertised Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman team-up would have helped redeem it, but Batman's barely in it at all except to shoot his Plotline Death gun.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying this was an "amazing" movie, but I do think people are bashing it a little too much. IMO it's far from the worst movie ever.
I agree, but I think the Batman v Superman fight pales even next to Batman's solo battle against the thugs and the Wonder Woman/Doomsday scene.
Eh, I don't remember anyone saying that there were only 3 flaws and that the Flash was one of them. There were much, much more.
I was directly responding to teeter_g.

How do you know he knows they won't work?
Fascinating.
Except it isn't.
From my perspective Affleck SHOULD have done a good job, that's the bare minimum required for us to give a damn. As it is, I felt pretty cheated with the action we got in the rest of the movie, so the advertised Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman team-up would have helped redeem it, but Batman's barely in it at all except to shoot his Plotline Death gun.

I agree, but I think the Batman v Superman fight pales even next to Batman's solo battle against the thugs and the Wonder Woman/Doomsday scene.

I was directly responding to teeter_g.
I guess I should tell you, a lot of the "Why does *blank* do this?" "Why did *blank* do that in this scene?" kind of questions are just my take on how I saw it, I don't have any solid answers. The only one that could tell you for sure is probably Snyder, so I'm just gonna leave those questions alone now.

I did wish Batman was a little more involved in the final fight. Believe me, I was not a fan of the Wonder Woman team-up at the end. It made the whole "Batman vs. Superman" spectacle just look like one giant gimmick to set up the Justice League. I also was not a fan of Lex Luthor at all. Albeit I thought he was gonna be worse than what he was, but he still wasn't a good character I thought.

Believe me, I was not a fan of the Wonder Woman team-up at the end.
Well, I'm up for a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman movie. Just... not another Batman, Superman, or Justice League movie.

I think Snyder felt everyone needed too see Wonder Women in action and Superman had to end the fight. We saw probably enough Batman and there was some complaints that superman was not in the movie as much for being Co Leads. I personally think this should have been done like this.
I am thinking this movie needed two Parts with Lex and The Joker teaming up and we seeing Robins demise and towards the end we got The Events from Man of Steel but also saw Wonder Womens vantage point of the story as well. Then In Part two is really Batman vs Superman. I think it would have made more since for Batman to get angry if maybe Selina Kyle or Gordan maybe was killed in the building collapse.

I suppose I should wait for rewatch to make more confident assessments, but I reckon I'm once again satisfied when a movie doesn't go into needless explanations that end up being ridiculous and tedious. I think this movie is more about aesthetics and play on ideas. That seems to be Snyder's style and I like it. His usual problem is continuity of storyline and flow of scenes, but that's nothing that can't be ignored for the better aspects of his filmmaking.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Just seen it again and liked it even more. Solid
in my book. Batman and Wonder Woman are awesome. The fight scenes at the end is fantastic. I hate the haters of this movie.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Just seen it again and liked it even more. Solid
in my book. Batman and Wonder Woman are awesome. The fight scenes at the end is fantastic. I hate the haters of this movie.
What happened to humanity. It was sh*t. Period.

Optimus v MovieMediation: Dawn of Forums

In consistency, no. Marvel have more quality films.

But DC still have Watchmen, BB and TDK - all better than any Marvel movie out there.

So yeah, you're not going to cause a rage with that first punch, Optimus.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
In consistency, no. Marvel have more quality films.

But DC still have Watchmen, BB and TDK - all better than any Marvel movie out there.

So yeah, you're not going to cause a rage with that first punch, Optimus.
Hehe, in all seriouness tho i just don't get the hate for this movie at all. The points people are making are all problems Age Of Ulron had and suffered with.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...

That... that was a really small part of the movie. As in mere seconds on screen. Seriously?
Here's my issue. They are going to continue using him for Justice League. Why in the world would you not want to use someone that people are already familiar with and love. Grant is an excellent Flash. I am not the only one that is upset with this turn of events. There are all kinds of people that are commenting that it should have been Grant playing the part as he is already a household name and well known for that specific character.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I was literally listing the TWO things that bothered me about this movie and you have to be an ass about it. I reviewed it as a 4. To me, character casting is not trivial. Sorry, not sorry.

The tone of the Flash TV series is the polar opposite of the DC movie franchise. Plus, casting Gustin would tie it into the TV show, which would theoretically mean that some knowledge on the TV show would be necessary to watch the movie. No chance DC goes for that.

The first act was mediocre, the second act was below average and the third act was beyond terrible and literally made me angry of how bad it was.
The issue I have... MOS was bad but made money. The WB didn't care about quality at that point. They just saw dollar signs. Sony had the exact same call with after the Amazing Spider-Man 2 stinker. Money maker that was crap. Sony was smart and knew change was needed. The WB simply didn't care and this garbage is the result. They doubled down in tone and jammed in an incoherent amount of other things. THAT makes me angry.

My concern is Dc is gonna put too much pressure on Davide Ayer and Suicide Squad because B V S while may make money its a big stinking mess. Now there may be good things done in the film. I just got this feeling DC might have rushed Snyder too get this movie out before Cap 3 to try and beat Marvel. I think we could be blaming Snyder and DC is the one who needs not allowed to mess with there planned project. YES B V S is not very well recieved my feeling is WW , Suicide Squad and Justice League and a Solo Batman can Fix this errors. DC now is not the time to gang up the pressure on poor David Ayer.

They just saw dollar signs. Sony had the exact same call with after the Amazing Spider-Man 2 stinker. Money maker that was crap. Sony was smart and knew change was needed.
Sony didn't start caring about quality all of a sudden. ASM 2 made less money than any other Spiderman movie, and (I'll admit this is just rumors) allegedly had the highest marketing budget of any movie ever. The box office to the production cost looks nice, but when you factor in the cost of promotion, it barely broke even. At that point, the crap was no longer a money maker, so things had to change.