Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

That movie is so dumb, I kinda love it. 90s cyber fear! Nerds are cool! Don't miss the hacking montages! And floppy disks!
I adore Hackers. Close to being a top 100 film, for me.

I adore Hackers. Close to being a top 100 film, for me.
Yeah I don't know if I love it THAT much, but I sure enjoy the campiness of it. Plus, I sort of have a "nostalgia" for the 90s PC era that I mostly didn't really personally get to live. And anything with any cyberpunky scent to it tends to attract me.

Peeping Tom (1960)

It was similar to Psycho but was missing the excellent pacing and compelling characters. Besides that, it was too overly dramatic for no reason. I wasn't particularly unsettled by anything like the blurb hinted I would be, mostly because the protag wasn't convincing in his madness and desperation. For some strange reason, I can't seem to find a Criterion movie I actually enjoy (even though I've only seen a couple).

2/10

Unregistered User

Captain Philips - I only picked to see this instead of Prisoners as i thought my wife wouldnt be too keen on Prisoners. Ended up i thoroughly enjoyed this and one of the best films ive watched it the cinema for a while. Hanks gives a great performace and id be surprised if he doesnt get the Oscar nod for this. Does feel like a bit of a 10 minute lull 3/4 of the way through the film but the ending more than makes up for this.

8.5/10

Let the night air cool you off
Peeping Tom (1960)

It was similar to Psycho but was missing the excellent pacing and compelling characters. Besides that, it was too overly dramatic for no reason. I wasn't particularly unsettled by anything like the blurb hinted I would be, mostly because the protag wasn't convincing in his madness and desperation. For some strange reason, I can't seem to find a Criterion movie I actually enjoy (even though I've only seen a couple).

2/10
The Silence of the Lambs is technically a Criterion movie (Spine #13) and it's in your favorites. So there you go.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
Dead Alive

Not the first time I've seen it.

Silly, campy fun. Terrible acting. Terrible editing. Lots of cheesy gore. I wasn't ever bored, that's for sure. One of those "so bad it's good" flicks.

6.5/10

The Bib-iest of Nickels
You were right 'cause Prisoners is not good anyway
I thought that Prisoners was amazing. A great performance from both Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal, and a good story.

Marnie - 4/10 (major disappointment for me)

Saboteur - 8.5/10 (major surprise for me i didn't hear about this film until it appeared on Netflix, no idea why Marnie or Rear Window is more well known and rated than this)

Sex and the city 2:5/10 not good.but it was better than part 1.

Saboteur - 8.5/10 (major surprise for me i didn't hear about this film until it appeared on Netflix, no idea why Marnie or Rear Window is more well known and rated than this)
I suspect that the reason Marnie is more well know is because it underperformed, by Hitch's recent standards, and was seen as the bad film that ended a run of classics (Vertigo, North by Northwest, Psycho, The Birds) as well as starring Sean Connery. I can't think of any other reason, atm. Rear Window is more known because, well, it's a much better film and another stone cold classic. I'm not a Hitch fan, but I'm in no doubt that Rear Window is superior to Saboteur.

The Silence of the Lambs is technically a Criterion movie (Spine #13) and it's in your favorites. So there you go.

lol. Had no idea about Silence of the Lambs. All the Criterion's I get are from Netflix, so I see CRITERION COLLECTION on the disk. But I already own Silence, so...

Finished here. It's been fun.

Well, I'm going to start off by saying this film is unlike anything I've ever seen. I can't explain it. For the first hour and a half I was watching it but I was confused. Like I genuinely didn't understand what the point of the movie was. Then it came together. This is a very bleak,depressing film. And a film I don't think i'll be able to get out of my head. It's almost like a nightmare, a cold,unrelenting nightmare that scares you in the middle of the night.This is not a film for everybody, but I still suggest that you all at least try to watch the film.It's something alright, it stays with you. My Rating:8.2/10

The Counselor, don't waste your money. 3/10.

Well, I'm going to start off by saying this film is unlike anything I've ever seen. I can't explain it. For the first hour and a half I was watching it but I was confused. Like I genuinely didn't understand what the point of the movie was. Then it came together. This is a very bleak,depressing film. And a film I don't think i'll be able to get out of my head. It's almost like a nightmare, a cold,unrelenting nightmare that scares you in the middle of the night.This is not a film for everybody, but I still suggest that you all at least try to watch the film.It's something alright, it stays with you. My Rating:8.2/10
Yeah, it's extremely hardcore. I think that great art is any art that makes you react strongly in some form. A movie like Stalker is not a movie such that you become happy (like Back to the Future) but has an extremely powerful impact and hence one of the best movies I ever watched.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Yeah, it's extremely hardcore. I think that great art is any art that makes you react strongly in some form.
Does this apply with something that makes you react in a strongly negative manner such as The Tree of Life for you and (to stay in the same year) Shame for me?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I didn't react strongly to the Tree of Life.
You hated it a great deal and felt the need to express a great distaste for it when given the opportunity.