Greatest Movie of All Time?

Tools    

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
^ You sound like Guaporense.
Just surprised at how manly these lists are. I guess it makes sense since film was and is still a pretty male dominated industry. Is this site pretty male dominated too?

This list, and the IMDb list where it partially derives are very manly lists. Most of them are either fueled or filled with testosterone and male ambition. It seems more of a reflection of the internet community than it does what film has to offer. The list could be greatly helped with the inclusion of a Mizoguchi for a little bit of self awareness.
maybe one day you will get your wish and all the best movies will be estrogen-driven

That is a tough ask. There are no women on forums unless its a beauty product related one!!

I think that might be called missing the point.
or could also be called a playful joke

As Metallica sang it... Sad but true. Women on forums are hard to find. The only active girl i saw on a forum (non beauty product related forum i mean), was on tomshardware.com!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
These forums have some females. Sadly, lately I found out a person I thought is a girl turned out to be male. Maybe other people only pretend they're women and there's no women in Internet? xD
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Kunius Reviews Google Us
These forums have some females. Sadly, lately I found out a person I thought is a girl turned out to be male. Maybe other people only pretend they're women and there's no women in Internet? xD

This made me laugh so hard haha. Sad but true, be careful when meeting strangers on the internet. lol

A system of cells interlinked
Plenty of females on these forums.

I would consider the types of forums you are on before making (completely ridiculous) claims about gender disparity in forums.

So, am I too understand that the Mothers Against Drunk Driving group forums are comprised of male users? How about GirlGamers forums?

The TWOP forums are pretty balanced, as well, as there are legions of fans of shows like Vampire Diaries and its ilk that are viewed my mostly female audiences and yes, they like to chat and post about their favorite shows.

How about non general forums like this. Most of the forums you mentioned are gender biased forums to being with.

There are plenty here maybe. But how many? 30%, 40%?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Sadly? He makes a point of saying it almost every day.

OK. I just need one milion other people that think like me.

Why? The best movie of all time is the best movie of all time, not the most known good movie of all time.

What's a "cool to like it movie"? If you like a film only because it's cool to do it, you're a poser, so it's a good thing you still think it's great.
No one thinks like you, thats why I probably think theres no such thing as the best movie of all time

Scar face is that movie that its cool to like i think

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
No one thinks like you
Sure, everybody thinks differently and has a taste of his own, but many people can think that a certain movie is a masterpiece. Go to RYM and Satantango is in the first 20 there.

thats why I probably think theres no such thing as the best movie of all time
Since art is subjective there might be no such thing, indeed.

Scar face is that movie that its cool to like i think
No. There's no such movie. Pulp Fiction has become a movie that's cool to like and many teenagers like it just for the sake of liking it and being cool (besides there are people that really like it, of course).

Oh right yeah scarface, you know what I mean! the Al Pacino version.

Yes pulp fiction AND scarface equally, actually scarface a bit more so, here at least.

Mark,do you like Brian De Palma's Scarface? 'Cause I have a strong feeling that you don't.

Oh right yeah scarface, you know what I mean! the Al Pacino version.

Yes pulp fiction AND scarface equally, actually scarface a bit more so, here at least.
No, it isn't.

This list, and the IMDb list where it partially derives are very manly lists. Most of them are either fueled or filled with testosterone and male ambition. It seems more of a reflection of the internet community than it does what film has to offer. The list could be greatly helped with the inclusion of a Mizoguchi for a little bit of self awareness.
Yeah, 80% of the votes on the IMDB are made by males so manly films are higher. For instance, Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro would be much higher in the IMDB top 250 if they only counted female votes (their female average ratings are 8.7 and 8.4, respectively, while their overall ratings are 8.6 and 8.2).

Also, the lack of Ozu on that list is even worse than Mizoguchi.