Stephen King Movies

Tools    

Name some of your fav Stephen King movies....
I think that the Storm of the Century was pretty damn good....

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

My life isn't written very well.
Holden is going to get you with his trademark "Click Here's".

My favorite SK movie is Children of the Corn. I know, I know it's no Shawshank Redemption, or Misery, but I like King best, both in writing and film, when the theme is supernatural horror. That said, I also liked Firestarter, Carrie and Silver Bullet.
Kubrick's The Shining was more, well, Kubrick than King IMO. Although I wouldn't put The Shining as one of my King movie favorites, I would put it as one of my Kubrick favorites.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I found Children of the Corn pretty Gross from what i have seen of them

Storm of the Century, The Langoliers, The Night Flier and Hearts In Atlantis are my fav's.

I'm a huge King fan!

Shawshank Redemption
Misery
The Shining
Cujo
Stand By Me (The Body)
Christine

haven't seen Hearts in Atlantis yet.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Shawshank Redemption was excellent.
The Green Mile
Carrie

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

As far as movies go, I really liked the Green Mile and Shawshank. I think my favorite was Apt Pupil, though. Ian McKellan was in top form.

Originally posted by Sir Toose
I think my favorite was Apt Pupil, though. Ian McKellan was in top form.

Apr Pupil was awesome! I forgot that one, lol!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
My fav is The Green Mile. I like a bunch of his though.

Never conform, never compromise....
I would have to say that Apt Pupil was definately my fave....
I am, however.... sad to say that i have not seen Shawshank or The Green Mile...nor have i seen, Storm of the Century, i did not even realize it was out. However i am more into his books then his movies. I am in the process of reading one of the best series i have ever read (The Dark Tower pts 1 to 4) waiting for the last three to come out withing the next three years. Either way this is a movie forum not a novel forum so with that...Apt Pupil was definately my, McKallen was definatly in top orm for that role, as he is in vry movie i have sen him in.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
Does anyone know when Dreamcatcher is coming out on video? If I am not mistaken it has already been out in the theaters.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Endless: You need to check them out. They are really, really good. (Especially The Green Mile)

And Apt Pupil is very good as well, but no where near as scary as the book (or section of the book, as it is a short story).

But, yeah, check out The Green Mile. You won't regret it.

I haven't actually seen the Green Mile

I didn't care for the Green Mile all that much.

Never conform, never compromise....
Thanx Beale the Rippe, I will deffinately check them out. Atually, I am currently reading Salem's Lot, and I was wondering if anyone has seen the movie and if it is any good, I was going to rent it but it looks pretty cheese, just wondering if it is as bad as it looks.

Originally posted by Endless
Thanx Beale the Rippe, I will deffinately check them out. Atually, I am currently reading Salem's Lot, and I was wondering if anyone has seen the movie and if it is any good, I was going to rent it but it looks pretty cheese, just wondering if it is as bad as it looks.

Ha - Salem's Lot is one of those movies that scared the crap out of me when I saw it as a kid. Rented it as an adult and found it quite lacking! I'd still recommend seeing it through, it's not THAT bad, lol.