Television Tab

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
What season are you watching? Season 1 is very 'Villain of the week', partly as it's the first season and partly because it was only half a season
Yeah, I'm still in the first season. I'm sticking with it, because I'm entertained by it, plus a lot of my friends are also currently watching it, so I have to understand what the hell they're talking about

Just to inform that Sky Arts 1 is showing Grand Hotel again. There's a repeat of episode 1 at 3am, don't forget the clocks go forward tonight.

Twin Peaks: Pilot (David Lynch, 1990)

Recently I have been trying to watch more David Lynch, one of the most fascinating directors around and someone whose work I find great to watch. I am still yet to see a few of his most well known feature films such as Eraserhead, but I decided to give his TV show Twin Peaks a watch because at the moment there are no TV shows currently on that I follow, and it is something different that certainly sounds very interesting.

My favourite David Lynch film is Blue Velvet, where Lynch works with the idea of a small 'perfect' town, where all is pleasant and everyone knows each other and everything seems calm and usual, yet under the surface is a dark criminal underworld containing many secrets. Twin Peaks follows a similar sort of pattern, and the pilot episode focusses on the reactions of the entire town to the shocking death of a quiet and well liked 17 year old girl, Laura Palmer.

Kyle MacLachlan is a FBI agent, brought in to Twin Peaks to help solve the murder. His character is eccentric but efficient, he keeps a recorded diary of everything he does during the day, his character when introduced in the pilot immediately takes over and kind of steals the show with his odd but likeable personality.

The Pilot, at least, works like you would expect and is relatively straightforward in introducing the 'murder mystery' to us. I'm sure it's bound to get a lot more bizarre as we delve deeper into the mystery of the murder, but the Pilot really does set it up well for later things to come, already we have a few clues and mysterious characters and no a lot about the town, it's main places and characters.

Rating:

I can't wait to watch more really, and will probably finally watch Eraserhead tonight too.

Let the night air cool you off
I've been watching Twin Peaks this week. I still have 5 episodes to go. I've noticed that a lot of peoples seem to think the second season isn't all that great, but to be honest, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I don't see many people mention how funny it actually is. Lynch has a wicked sense of humor, and it's really dark. But Twin Peaks seems to have given him his opportunity to bring a lot of humor to the screen, even if it is the small screen.

Welcome to the human race...
I watched the entire series of Twin Peaks since my last post in this thread. Actually pretty good, though it's very easy to pick faults with the second season (thought it's kind of understandable considering what happened behind-the-scenes).

I also watched the first four seasons of Burn Notice - admittedly not that good a show but it's an extremely watchable action show that features Bruce Campbell on a regular basis so I can't really hate it.

Am also watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on occasion - season here, season there.

I've been watching Twin Peaks this week. I still have 5 episodes to go. I've noticed that a lot of peoples seem to think the second season isn't all that great, but to be honest, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I don't see many people mention how funny it actually is. Lynch has a wicked sense of humor, and it's really dark. But Twin Peaks seems to have given him his opportunity to bring a lot of humor to the screen, even if it is the small screen.
Yeh I agree, I really loved both seasons, even though it was kind of like a soap in the way the characters are done that's why I liked it so much, each character has there own story, lots of funny stuff and Lynch likes to twist old clichés, mock things and add in little things to make it great.

Watched the film as well, loved it too but quite different from the TV show.

Mad Men S06E01+02

AWESOME as usual! It seems like Don is at the edge of a depression again. It's a little like the dark atmosphere of season 4, but in this season he still has a wife. It's going to be an interesting season for sure!

Finished series 1 of Community and absolutely love this show. It's one of my favourites at the moment. I've got series 2 on the way so can't wait to get back to watching it!

Kitchen Nightmares- La Galleria 33 (parts 1 and 2)

The funniest reality telivision I've ever seen, absolutely hysterical characters and situations. Most memorable thing I've seen on TV in months. Ahhh so many great laughs :laughs:

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
As I await the shipping and arrival of my China Beach set (FINALLY on DVD!) I have spent my free viewing time working my way through the brilliant Life On Mars (UK version). I love the series just as much as I did the first time around...With this my third meander through the series.

Anyone else watching Broadchurch? Last one of 6 next week and still not sure whodunnit. Beautifully filmed too, so many gorgeously framed shots

Mad Men: Season 6, Episode 4

Again a very satisfying episode! The intrigues of this season are slowly developping.

^ I'm waiting for the blu-ray release, heard it was gorgeous to look at so didn't bother watching it on television.
ah right , nice move
Its the final tonight , can't wait!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Currently, I'm going through It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. The first season was pretty dreadful, but it's gradually become better and better with each season. I'm at season five now, and it's showing no signs of slowing down. Charlie Day, in particular, is a highlight.

Also watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, and it's movies quite regularly.