Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Looper

A gripping sci-fi thriller. I liked the cinematography and the acting, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performance. I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy the movie, but I'll admit that it did confuse me a little.

Custom User Title
The Muppets (2011)

I was never a big fan of the muppets. I grew up with Muppet Treasure Island, which I love just because it was a part of my childhood. But this new muppets outing has so many positives...

1.Jason Segel
2.Great Plot
3. Doesn't take itself seriously at all, but in a great way
4. A bunch of Flight of the Conchords songs disguised as muppet songs.
5. Hobo Joe
6. Bret Mckenzie...again...Flight of the Conchords rule.

9/10

This is Uncle Rico btw, I totally forgot I have this hilarious alternate title that involves Jesus.

Impossible (2012) - 6,5/10
Life of Pi (2012) - 6,5/10
Silver Linings Playbook (2012) - 8/10
Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012) - 6/10

Valkyrie (2008). Really surprised at how restrained Tom Cruise was in this. He did a really good job, plus the supporting cast was excellent. Despite knowing the outcome, it still delivered on the suspense. 8/10

The Beyond (1981) by Lucio Fulci

The Toxic Avenger (1984) by Michael Herz and Lloyd Kaufman

The Boxer's Omen (1983) by Chih-Hung Kuei

Outer Space (1990) by Peter Tscherkassky

10/65: Selfmutilation (1965) by Kurt Kren

Looper

A gripping sci-fi thriller. I liked the cinematography and the acting, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performance. I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy the movie, but I'll admit that it did confuse me a little.

Just watched this, too. I agree with everything you said. I expected something different, but it was pretty enjoyable.

Dirty Harry 8/10

I liked the pace of the film, quite entertaining. Overall it's pretty good action movie, with perfect character for Clint Eastwood.

Taste of Cherry (1997) by Abbas Kiarostami

The Wind Will Carry Us (1999) by Abbas Kiarostami

Dead Ringers (1988) by David Cronenberg

6/64: Mama and Papa: An Otto Mühl happening (1964) by Kurt Kren

The Mirror (1975) by Andrey Tarkovskiy

The Avengers 9/10
Twilight: breaking dawn part 2 : 7/10 (Just Love the illusion fight)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 8/10

Death Proof (2007)

The last Tarantino I hadn't watched yet.
For me it's certainly his "weakest" film, but it's still a whole lotta fun!

It's probably a 7 - 7.5 for me or something like that. Which is a good score!

Oh and I really liked the lapdance scene! The actress did it really well!

Happiness (1998)

What a great black comedy! Some situations and dialogues were absolutely HILARIOUS! I'm certainly planning to see more from Todd Solondz in the future.

Death Proof (2007)

The last Tarantino I hadn't watched yet.
For me it's certainly his "weakest" film, but it's still a whole lotta fun!

It's probably a 7 - 7.5 for me or something like that. Which is a good score!

Oh and I really liked the lapdance scene! The actress did it really well!
I'm a huge Tarantino fan and yes, Death Proof is without a doubt his weakest film, and Tarantino has admitted it himself. I liked the second part of the movie with Zoe Bell, Rosario Dawson and Tracie Thoms, but the first part was really slow and a little boring. Kurt Russell delivers a good performance as Stuntman Mike but I didn't like the performances of the girls from the first part of the film and even the dialogue was boring, which is unusual for a Tarantino film. But the second part not only that is better in dialogue, funnier and includes better characters, it also consists of great car chase scenes.

Anyway, I watched two very good films during the last 24 hours.

Zero Dark Thirty

I liked this movie. I liked the direction, the acting, the way the story was told, the way it was filmed, pretty much everything.
A suspenseful and pretty enjoyable movie. Another fine movie from Bigelow, but I liked The Hurt Locker more.

The Shining

The first Stanley Kubrick movie that I've watched. I'll admit that I expected it to be much more frightening, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. It had a lot of suspense though, it kept me interested all the time and I loved the camera work. The performances from the cast were also very good, especially Jack Nicholson's.

You thought the dialogue in Death Proof was boring, which I can understand, and think it's Tarantino's weakest film, which I can also understand. What did you think of IB? Because that dialogue is just dull. Not just for Tarantino, but as dialogue in general.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Just saw Reversal of Fortune. One thing I can say is it really makes you think. It was a pretty decent movie actually- 6.5/10 with a possibility of higher upon a repeat watch.