Is a Terminator 5 even possible? (spoilers for previous installments)

Tools    

They shouldn't even think about creating number 5. I know Arnie has signed up for it; but come-on. The first one was good, the second was awesome and after that they were bad.

Zombie Preparedness Expert
It's going to be a tough sell - you just can't match T2 - and Salvation was a mess. Arnold being on board isn't enough - and no matter what convoluted trick they come up with, I'm worried this is going to be "Crystal Skull" all over again - but probably without the aliens.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
If they do it right and get the right writers on board this movie is completely do able. And the right cast, they have to have the right cast. Just Arnold isn't gonna be enough, it may actually be a mistake to use him.

They really need an entire movie based on the future scenes tht were present at the start of T2... blue lasers and battlefields... that would be a great movie but with the story of Kyle Reese and Connor in the foreground, fighting to get Reese into the time travel machine.

Exactly. Schwarzenneger might have a less important role in such a film but it's the only proper way to end it.

While it's true the sequels after T2 were pretty bad, if they will do it in 3d this time (James Cameron-Avatar technology), it might deserve one more sequel just for that.

I love terminator 1 and 2 for different reasons. I don't really know what James Cameron could add should he go back to the director's chair for another one.

I still think that T1 was slightly better than T2
T2 is WAY better than T1

Prefer the original.

Amazing editing, tougher script, awesome soundtrack, cared more about the characters...was gutted when Reese bought the farm...

Better effects doesn't equal better film for me.

Indeed. The first one has a more serious tone which makes it more powerful than the second one. Even Tarkovsky said that The Terminator was a great movie.

Both are way above the third and fourth, of course.

Third kicks arse over the first; second is better than third, and forth, but the fifth should be better than the third. Four is still better than one, though!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
'Terminator 5': Dwayne Johnson eyeing role?

Dwayne Johnson has been rumoured to be in line for Terminator 5.

The Fast & Furious 6 star is in talks to join Arnold Schwarzenegger in the highly-anticipated action sequel, according to The Examiner.

It also claims that the film will be set in the 1940s or '50s, and will centre around Sarah Connor's parents before she has been born.

The family once again comes under threat from a time-travelling killer robot from the future.

Schwarzenegger will play a human with a close connection to the family.

The veteran actor has previously claimed that he will be returning in his iconic role as a Terminator android.

Johnson was most recently seen in Pain & Gain and Fast & Furious 6. He is currently filming Hercules: The Thracian Wars.

Terminator 5 will begin shooting in January 2014.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...eing-role.html

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Yeah I thought that was a cool touch. Also im wanting to see how Arnies character is going to fit in it, as it seems he is playing a close family friend rather than a T-800. Either way its a Terminator film and im there watching it