Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

Natural Born Killers...should be a classic

Southland Tales and Waiting...

Even if only one person thought Southland Tales was good it would be overrated
I think it's great. And nah. So many movies are just rehashes or worthless sequels these days. Even if Southland Tales is hard to follow, it's so unique and bizarre like all of Kelly's movies. He doesn't bog down the movie industry like all those worthless, endless American Pie and Saw sequels which I hate and which have 0 creativity. I do think Southland Tales pushes religion a bit much but Kelly is a genius. The way he creates atmospheres of urgency and doom never get old; it's no Donnie Darko but it's a good work on its own. Just remember- a pimp doesn't commit suicide.

It's amazing whata difference your mental state can have on your rating of a film. Tropic Thunder was kind of 'meh' when I saw it the first time, but after some gin-and-tonics, it was hilarious.

It was also pretty crazy to see that one of the guy's I work with, is a lot like Les Grosman.

mask of zorrow

A Thanksgiving flick I think is underrated, Home for the Holidays.

Ann Bancroft still looks hot to me in this film, sorta like Sigourney Weaver did in Cabin in the Woods, but I'm weird like that. This film makes me feel warm and cuddly about disfunctional families somehow, maybe the stellar dialogue?

21 grams i think is very underrated.
underrated? I think that it's overrated. Well,I just don't like non-linear films but 21 grams has a lot of praise from critics and people.

^ I actually see both sides of this argument, for and against. Before the Devil is my prefered non-linear experience with a 'downhill all the way trudgings' theme about it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
underrated? I think that it's overrated. Well,I just don't like non-linear films but 21 grams has a lot of praise from critics and people.
It's a good movie. Sad as hell, but really good.

I'm guessing.... Ted? Maybe I'll watch nightmare at elm street! Who cares, it's horror night!

Jack and Worlds Greatest Dad

Neither are great but they're both decent films

Been a good while since I'd seen Jack, barely remember it, blast from the past. Jumanji came on a local channel here, I love Robin Williams. Does anyone remember Shakes the Clown?

Or this Murray clown classic, Quick Change?

I saw Before the Devil again recently, made me think of another Finney film that is very well acted in the self destructive type. Based on the novel.

Under the Volcano

Strange Days: in my top 15 or 20, I love everything about it but I never hear it mentioned anywhere.
Thank you very much for this. I just watched it, never seen it before.
It's really really good, but I can see why a lot of people are turned off.

written my Cameron (well written btw), It saddens me because it seems to mark the last of his effort to make original and inventive sci-fi works.. It did poorly in the box office. After the massive financial success of a safe script like Titanic... and now he makes a totally rip off super safe script "dances with smurfs" with great special effects and zero originality.

Hereafter and Knowing, are two of my favorite movies and dont get much attention. Another one is Stay wiith Ryan Gosling!