What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I'm not much of a DVD buyer but i bought Donnie Darko because i loved the movie, i just had to watch it again and own it myself.

Bestbuy was having mad deals

Silence of the lambs collectors edition- $4

Blurays $8 a piece
Ragin Bull
Resevoir Dogs
Straw Dogs (original)

Only one I haven't seen is Straw Dogs which I'm looking forward to

Got Hunger Games as a gift.

These two for myself, my War of the Roses is all scratched up, and an extra copy of Black Christmas as a gift.

The Hunger Games and The War of the Roses are good Films, my personal opinion anyway.

^Saw advertisement for that on this site if I didnt already ready own a handful of those I would probably get it eventually

Got this coming on Monday:

That is madly badass. I did not know there was such a set made.

That is madly badass. I did not know there was such a set made.
It's getting released on Monday to celebrate 20 years of Tarantino, if you're interested http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarantino-XX.../dp/B008LU8NKK and it's called the same on the US site I believe.

Donniedarko: I've only recently got a blu-ray player so I'm trying to start a bit of a collection, seeing as I only have Reservoir Dogs this is perfect for me

I bought the Blade Trilogy. Don't really know why just enjoyed those movies and it was on sale, so I figured why not.

^I did the same with the Bourne Trilogy, simply dig the films. And then they had to go and make a fourth!

'the best laid plans...' - Robert Burns

I got the original Halloween, Halloween 2 and 3 combo, An American Werewolf in London, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and two recent films, Surveillance and The Strangers. Two were new and all the rest 'Like New' condition dvds totaling just over 25 bucks with free shipping. Many dvds are almost free now.

Many blurays are reasonable also, but many not. I'm simply slow as molasses at change, not getting my first cd till the mid-90's.

If you're a Bond nut, they had the 22-film collection on bluray for 100 dollars yesterday at amazon, wow!

^ I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get the Bond set on blu-ray(I only have the Daniel Craig ones on DVD, so I'm not replacing a whole 22 DVDs). Just pre-ordered the steelbook blu-ray of Skyfall so that will go nicely next to it even if it has a Skyfall section already in the collection set. Much prefer the steelbook of it.

Cheapest I've seen it brand new is £88 so far. I've just spent money on the Alfred Hitchcock blu-ray collection though.

The Expendables... again.

After my brother borrowed my copy and never returned it.
With Ex2 out soon, I have to make sure I've got the first one to go with it.

^I did the same with the Bourne Trilogy, simply dig the films. And then they had to go and make a fourth!
I did a similar thing with Nolan's Batman. I bought the boxset of the first two... now TDKR is out in just over a week from now and will make my eye twitch when I see the boxset and the singular one on the shelf together.

I could throw the box to one side and put them all on the shelf loose, but the OCD in me knows that the first two don't belong with a singular DVD by their side.

I've got OCD and have no problem putting the separate Dark Knight Rises alongside my box set of the first two. So bla, you should be able to handle it too. You know you want to, put the single next to the double set.

It does help that they are all in steelbook form though. So they kind of match...