What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Well I guess he shot it in 1:37:1 , but it was edited and intended to be shown in 1:1:85 for theatres. And then apparently Kubrick designed the 4:3 version himself, but the 4:3 DVD now looks dumb on widescreen tv's. So im just gona explode now.

The People's Republic of Clogher
It's either gone up since or different Asda supermarkets sell it for different prices. It was £18.99 in the Asda near me today.
It was definitely £15.99 or less that I paid because it wasn't priced up on the shelf and I took it up to customer services to see how much it was. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that they change their prices for different stores - they do it for their fuel, don't they? Maybe Beardy Frank's classic has a poor record of sales in Tyrone, I dunno.

Of course, there could have been a slight pricing SNAFU but I honestly doubt if I struck lucky in that same store twice in a few months. A friend mentioned wanting Fallout 3 and I saw copies going for £6 in that Asda - When I went to the till the price came up as £1 and the girl, while laughing, said that they have to sell it to me for that price.

Well, was £18 at least in the store I went to. Not bad price, all the same, as imagine it will go up in price before going down.

Nah, not quite. Waiting till get some work and allow myself to splash out on upgrading DVDs. Redux did nothing for me but do quite want to see Hearts of Darkness (i assume that's the other film on it)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yep, Hearts of Darkness is wonderful. Easily one of the best, if not the best 'Making of' doc ever ... erm ... made. First time I saw it I was astonished at how completely wired FFC was throughout shooting - By the end of the film I understood why.

I was never overly fond of Redux either and found it a prime example of over-egging the pudding. Unlike, say Blade Runner, the original film wasn't broke in the first place.

"Louie" SEASON ONE

Kiss Me Deadly CRITERION COLLECTION

The Romantic Englishwoman

Rio Conchos/Take a Hard Ride
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

I pretty much am up at the store every Tuesday.

The last movies I bought on BluRay were:
True Grit >> Just love this movie. I think Jeff Bridges does a better job than John Wayne - and I LOVE John Wayne. But the girl in this movie is what sold it.
The Adjustment Bureau >> Haven't watched it yet - but love the trailer and I am a Matt Damon fan.
The Eagle >> Saw this in the theaters. While not Epic by any stretch - it is a good movie and I love movies of this genre <King Arthur time periods - Roman Empire>
Unknown - Wow - Great movie!!! What a follow up to Taken...

Before that it was:
The Pacific box set >> Liked it - not as much as Band of Brothers, but the Pacific war wasn't as nice and easy to follow for a movie as the European Theater.
Green Hornet >> Hadn't watched it before purchase. Not my fav - but entertaining.
Red Riding Hood >> Wife wanted this one. I liked it - but she is into those type of movies more than me.
Superman Box Set >> Classic!!! Had to own this one on BluRay! Thought they did a great job with the conversion and it has the Donner cut of Superman II and the Theatrical Release. Lots of extras including Superman and the Mole Men with George Reeves - as well as some early cartoons and documentaries. Also includes Superman Returns. I H-A-T-E Superman IV, but it is part of the set/legacy...so what can you do?
The Untouchables - realized when I saw this on BluRay that I did not have this on DVD. Had it on VHS, but I have since gotten rid of all of my VHS and never rebought this one.

Next Week:
Carlito's Way
Lord of the Rings Ext Editions on BluRay

Week after:
Gettysburg - Gods and Generals - to go with my recently purchased Gettysburg on BluRay

Terminator Salvation

Christian Bale. So i had to have it. And i wanted to like at least one of the movies in The Terminator franchise. And i did.

Just got a steelbook collector's edition of Akira, on blu-ray:

Since some people on here say that even though they don't like anime, they like this. Is it worth 38$?

$38! I got it for £17, that's around $26. It's blu-ray and for a steelbook that's a decent price. I don't like a lot of Anime, but Akira blew me away. I also adore Studio Ghibli animations. That's more or less the Anime I like.

$38! I got it for £17, that's around $26. It's blu-ray and for a steelbook that's a decent price. I don't like a lot of Anime, but Akira blew me away. I also adore Studio Ghibli animations. That's more or less the Anime I like.
Yeah $38. I guess i'll just download it. Because i doubt that it's worth that much.

Mona Lisa Smile