The WORST spoiler you've ever heard?

Tools    

You want to post like me?
Wrap spoilers around everything. Mine is
WARNING: "The Sixth Sense" spoilers below
that Bruce Willis was a ghost in The Sixth Sense.

Ain't nobody ruining Fight Club for nobody!

I've known some real douchebags who delighted in ruining twists just for pure meanness, so I could put a handful here, but...

I was watching MAD tv and that annoying guy who acts like a little boy was doing a skit set at a theater showing The Others.

In the skit, he's being obnoxious and yells out what the twist at the end is. I had been wanting to see the movie, and when he did that I raged like the Hulk.

I still despise that idiot to this day.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Perhaps you should have been alerted to this risk by the very nature of the skit.

Perhaps you should have been alerted to this risk by the very nature of the skit.
I wasn't exactly sitting there on the edge of my seat with my full attention on the screen. It was just on in the living room, and I heard it.

Besides, I don't see why I should have expected a spoiler. The skit could have been about something else, like that little asian woman bothering people in line with her.

Thanks for the implied insult to my intelligence, though.

Thanks for the implied insult to my intelligence, though.
Sorry, man. I didn't mean anything by it. Not sure why I even posted to be perfectly honest. I've gotten comfortable enough on the computer, sometimes I type just like I talk: gibberish.

Sorry, man. I didn't mean anything by it. Not sure why I even posted to be perfectly honest. I've gotten comfortable enough on the computer, sometimes I type just like I talk: gibberish.
That's twice now.

Calling "Luke, I am your father" a spoiler at this point in history is already a bit of a stretch. Also, Fight Club pulls off the twist so carefully, it is probably still very enjoyable to watch it knowing the twist.

I think the closest I've had to this was a DJ on the radio, who'd seen The Usual Suspects the night before, saying "... And you'll never guess who it is." Which is pretty much saying, "It's the one you'll least expect."

I've had plenty of endings or reveals spoiled because they've entered popular culture, but I don't see that as the same thing.

Besides, none of these are as annoying as not knowing the result to an important football match and having it blurted out just as you're about to watch it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think the worst was probably finding out that Rhett Butler frankly didn't give a damn. As time goes by (catch the Casablanca reference), it appears that modern viewers agree with him. I suppose that's a reason for calling me old-fashioned.

I think the worst was probably finding out that Rhett Butler frankly didn't give a damn.

Nothing has really been spoiled for me. I often seek out spoilers, actually.

The Sixth Sense. Was at some kind of church lock-in and some dude just blurted it out. This wasn't years and years after its release, either, this was in relatively short order, when lots of people still hadn't seen it.

Also, The Village. How did I get that spoiled for me? Why, right on this forum, by some tool who never showed up again.

The Crying Game - damn it would have been so much better not knowing.