Great films you just can't re-make

Tools    

Semper Fooey
White subtitles on white background doesn't help.

I remember when they dubbed them and were awful to watch.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
True, but hopefully those are old-school. Nowadays subtitles should be in the widescreen banners or in bas relief. I realize that's not always the case, but there's no excuse in an official release.

Dubbing is the worst. My god, if you've ever watched a lesser known anime dub where they don't get good voice actors... oh Christ...

Mental laziness is embedded into our culture
To avoid sounding anti-American, I'd say it's a by-product of Capitalism/Modernism in general. Where art is always gauged to the lowest-common-denominator.
Or maybe it's a product of bad eyesight. Something which I can relate to.

I don't know what the big fuss is over the Psycho remake. It's a shot-by-shot remake and goes to such painstaking efforts to replicate such subtle things as focal length.
All of which just makes the terrible casting of the two more protagonists even more annoying.

Cool Hand Luke

Breakfast at Tiffany's

The Hustler

No Apologies. No Regrets.
NEVER remake saving private Ryan

They should remake Titanic, coz it's an average film...
& the actors were underused.

Remake Titanic into an Oscar deserving movie.

& just to piss few people here, Titanic sucks oily steam.

NOTE: I was just a kid when I saw Titanic, I couldn't sleep that night... Couldn't get Jack Dawson out of my head.. How could he die?? was there no other way??..

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
They should remake Titanic, coz it's an average film...
& the actors were underused.

Remake Titanic into an Oscar deserving movie.

& just to piss few people here, Titanic sucks oily steam.

NOTE: I was just a kid when I saw Titanic, I couldn't sleep that night... Couldn't get Jack Dawson out of my head.. How could he die?? was there no other way??..

you are getting your wish. Titanic is supposedly going under a 3-d transformation for the ten yr anniversary next year.

No Apologies. No Regrets.
[quote=ash_is_the_gal;691245]never should have been made to begin with.[/quote

How can you not like spr?

Indiana Jones. Period!!.. No one can disagree.
No one can play Indiana Jones other than Harrison Ford, hell i'd even say that even Harrison Ford can't play indy anymore.

Napoleon Dynamite

you are getting your wish. Titanic is supposedly going under a 3-d transformation for the ten yr anniversary next year.
3D's not the same as a remake and it won't increase the use of the actors or improve the script.

Indiana Jones. Period!!.. No one can disagree.
No one can play Indiana Jones other than Harrison Ford, hell i'd even say that even Harrison Ford can't play indy anymore.
I agree with this. Indy remakes would mean more Indy and no good can come of that.

The Knot by Alfred Hitchcock. I wish they would show it again on tv. It's amazing the suspense he was able to achieve in that movie.