New CPR method

Tools    

~Loves a good classic movie~
I just received this info in an email from a friend and thought I would pass it along.

http://medicine.arizona.edu/spotligh...ompression-cpr

You ready? You look ready.
OK, it's not really a "new" form. CPR is only meant to keep people's heart and brain from having tissue damage, so the chest compressions is the most vital part...obviously. If someone is in a normal situation (quick access to medical services, like within an 20 minutes) and has cardiac arrest there is little need to perform mouth to mouth because they already have oxygen in their blood. You can just keep circulating that. However, if someone is pulled out of water or an area with CO2...you gotta do mouth to mouth to get the oxygen levels back up.

The only reason they're introducing this "new" method is so people will be more likely to help someone in said situations...because people are unlikely to perform mouth to mouth on a stranger.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza