Kick Ass

Tools    

Saw this film the other day. I'm sorry but it straight up gets 4* from me. I wasn't familiar with the graphic novel, but read a little bit before the film came out and was basically expecting a violent version of Mystery Men, and got that and a WHOLE lot more. Film of the year thus far. Just go and see it as soon as possible. Will post a mini review tomorrow some time.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent read it but there are loads of graphic novels out that I want to read as I think they are awesome. Back to the film I cannot wait to see it, its one of my most aticipated movies of the year

In the Beginning...
Just read the book as well, I don't know how you turn a really short graphic novel into a full length movie - but hopefully it rocks.
I sorta felt like it was just the right length, actually. I can't see them using all that narration, either, so I'm guessing a lot of that will be cut in favor of conventional dialogue.

In the Beginning...
I think it's pretty funny that Millar tries to capture realistic high school-esque dialogue. He's dead on sometimes, but mostly it's just ridiculous. There were plenty of times when I thought to myself, "Who talks like this?" If I had the book in front of me, I'd quote examples.

This promises to be good. Looking at the trailers, it appears to be a lot funnier than the comic, which is grim and gritty to the extreme, but I think it will make a better movie for it. Unlike many other adaptations that took the comedy route (Starsky and Hutch, The Brady Movie, Land of the Lost).

what rating was it in the U.S because it was a 15 but it was quite gory for it but i loved it and thought it was great, bring on the blu ray or go to cinema again, lol