2010 Best Picture Oscar Nominees

Tools    

Which of these gets your vote for Best Picture?
25.58%
11 votes
0%
0 votes
THE BLIND SIDE
6.98%
3 votes
DISTRICT 9
2.33%
1 votes
AN EDUCATION
39.53%
17 votes
THE HURT LOCKER
11.63%
5 votes
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
2.33%
1 votes
PRECIOUS
2.33%
1 votes
A SERIOUS MAN
4.65%
2 votes
UP
4.65%
2 votes
UP IN THE AIR
43 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Well, I went ahead and voted for Avatar to win just about everything. I sort of think this may be one of those goofy years where several films get one win and Avatar, which really has no business being there in the first place wins everything else.

I hope I'm wrong and will be happy if I am. I know my true choice for Best film will not win, so it goes.

Yea, I happen to think it is one of the best war movies I've ever seen
I'd just point out that best war film you've ever seen isn't (though it could be, of course) the same as best film you've ever seen. I don't think I'd have batted an eye if you'd called it the best war film you'd ever seen. I still wouldn't have agreed though.

So I guess we just disagree.
Wow!! That almost never happens.

So it wasn't a split after all! Bigelow was named director, as expected, but much more unsure was Best Picture. Despite Avatar being literally the most successful movie at the box office in history, The Hurt Locker won while literally being the least-successful box office winner at the Oscars BY FAR. It was a two-horse race (forget the other eight nominees), but the flick with the longer odds pulled it off.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Well, I'm hoping a lot of people rent it now. This is a movie that should be seen.

So nice to see a woman win Director...too...

I'm sure the Academy planners weren't happy. Here they are trying to get more people to watch and care about the Academy Awards and a film like The Hurt Locker wins!

I'm sure the Academy planners weren't happy. Here they are trying to get more people to watch and care about the Academy Awards and a film like The Hurt Locker wins!
I know. They made all these changes and yet the show got about 4m viewers more than last years.