Best Death Scene

Tools    

You want to post like me?
Moulin Rouge.

WARNING: "Moulin Rouge ending" spoilers below

I watched it with one of my friends the other day and she genuinly started crying.
We know Satine dies all along but that doesn't make it any less emotional and beautifull when she dies. And somehow, during the final number, the movie made me suppress the fact that Satine was fataly ill, which made the wake-up call that much more powerful.
Even though we knew, the death still came as a chok, because everything seemed to have worked out just fine.

... And that's how I ended up in Bahamas, buck-naked.

Slither (2006)

When that no name redneck out in the field gets slashed by the monster and literally dropped his guts!
Great stuff!

Last of the Mohicans - spoliery away: ( a death or 2 or 3 that got to me)

What is (in your opinion) the best death scene you have seen in a movie?

For me it would be in Children of the Corn II "The Final Sacrifice", the scene where the man in the church bleeds from every hole in his body (Nose, eyes, ears, etc) and splurts blood over everyone.

Your turn.
Medic "Wade", Saving Private Ryan

I don't want to give anything away, so I will just say the death scene by the surprise cameo in Zombieland. That was a great death scene! Hilarious.

Last of the Mohicans - spoliery away: ( a death or 2 or 3 that got to me)

No matter how many times I watch Mohicans, the deaths at the end still 'get' me...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The Horse-The Neverending Story
Michael Douglas-The Ghost and the Darkness
Willem Dafoe-Platoon
Christopher Walken-The Deer Hunter

so you wouldn't care if i spoilt every movie that was based on a true story, simply because the charicter would be dead sooner or later?

First off, your a douche because you are fishing for a fight. Second off, your a douche because you are the only person in the world who hasnt seen braveheart. Third off, your a douche for not knowing that the film would end in william wallace's death before you ever even saw the movie.
Although the Coyote is far supirior in intellect, Roadrunner always wins. Why is that? Wiley always puts forth his best effort, and no matter what, he always loses to a moron. I guess im sort of like Roadrunner. I just get by on dumb luck.

-The Collection-

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
WARNING! The Departed Spoiler Below!

I think the one that hit pretty hard was when DiCaprio got it in The Departed. I mean you follow this guy for the whole story and then splat. A head shot no less. The suddenness of it was so shocking, but kind of cool too because it set up the ending and let the other characters do what they had to do. But damn! That was cold Marty!

I definitely am more affected by the emotional aspect of a death scene than any physical, so my 2 top picks aren't too surprising.

Little Women 1994 "Beth's death scene"
Fried Green Tomatoes 1991 "Ruth's death"

Also worth an honorable mention is Steel Magnolia's when Julia Roberts character, Shelby dies, Sally Fields had some unbelievably great moments of acting in that movie!

I can't watch that scene without bawlin like a baby...I really think that Claire Danes put in an oscar worthy performance in that movie.

For me deaths have to be unexpected somewhat, like that shock the viewer, and "emotionally" are good *possible spoilers below!*

the classic one of course is in bonnie and clyde where they get destroyed

godfather would be another classic death with the tommys and the nephew and the toll stations and the nephew and all that

personally even though its not movie scrubs where ben dies, more his funeral it was great, and when cox kills 3 people his reaction was great

favorite movie death though was in elephant where in the library the girl gets killed then the photographer and at the end of that movie when he kills his partner, if you havent seen elephant its quite messed up and not that good of a movie due to all the walking scenes but it has a good message

I've thought of two other scenes that get me Glutton reminded me with Kong...

King Kong 2005...I cried when Kong died

and 2002 Star Trek Nemisis....this one just hacks me off! Data? Really? Freakin Data? of all the people to kill off in that movie?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
WARNING - SPOILERS Do not watch unless you know what happens, don't care or are just too damn curious. Talk about helplessness! Start at about 4:00 on the first one here:

Sometimes a Great Notion

&feature=PlayList&p=AC12C19AA45F32F7&index=7

Followup here:

&NR=1