What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I'm not sure I've seen them both...

WARNING: "I can only remember" spoilers below
"Tom Atkins sacrificing himself to save the day by blowing up the space slugs"
Yeah...that's okay.

I meant the VERY end with the stupid dog bit.
And there's another (alternate) involving a graveyard or something.

But both add a
WARNING: ""CREEPS" ending" spoilers below
needlessly and annoyingly downbeat twist to the (basically light-hearted) film and thus also waste Atkin's noble sacrifice."

Up

Ballast
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"The Wolf Man" - Universal. Upgrade from VHS dupe.

"Miracle Mile" - Shockingly ignored little gem that is masterfully crafted, well acted and that manages to expertly combine excitement, laughs and tears
A long time fave. Upgrade from VHS dupe.

"Unarmed and Dangerous" - Brit martial arts/gangster flick with a stumpy armed 'Thalidomide' victim as its ass kicking, Kung Fu, hero!

The Dark Knight The Best movie tht i have ever seen especially the Joker

I just bought Will Ferrell's HBO special, where he is playing George Bush in his last night as president. ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICAL! I saw it on HBO and had to get it for my dad.

Nice 2nd hand pick up for £3;

3 disc 'Universal' "Dracula" set containing;
"Dracula" - Lugosi
"Dracula" - Spanish version
"House of Dracula"
"Dracula's Daughter"

"Chemical Wedding" - £2. Had to give this thing a try. BRUCE!!

"Perfect Creature" - 50p. Some Vampire thing.

"MERCS"; 10 film set - Funky set of Exploitation/War flicks (Mixed quality to say the least, but not too bad and some rare, violent, trashy funstuffs for a good price), that includes;
1. Strike Commando.
2. Mannigan's Force
3. Death Raiders
4. Operation Nam ("Cobra Mission")
5. Fireback
6. Raiders of the Magic Ivory
7. The Last Mercenary
8. Soldiers of Fortune
9. WarBus
10. Tiger Joe

I am half agony, half hope.
The Muppet Show season one -because my kids don't know how good this is.

A Muppet Christmas Carol- My VHS copy sucks

Congo - God knows why, but I like it.

Johann von Goethe

"Peep Show" SERIES SIX
Opinions?

Anyway, i picked up

The City of Violence
Das Experiment
Hole in my Heart
Lilya-4-Ever
Miami Vice: Season 2
Rififi
The Man Who Would Be King
Bridge on the River Kwai
Long Jim
The Guns of Navarone

Not bad haul for £33

Oh and other day picked up Splinter and The Pink Panther Collection, the latter annoyingly is airing on TV through this week

[Peep Show series six] Opinions?
Oh, I frippin' love it. I've only watched it one time through thus far, but I intend to add to that tomorrow with a re-watch. Brilliant stuff. The end of series four with the wedding was kind of a logical place to stop and retire the characters, but I am SO GLAD they have kept it going. There were a couple of times with this season that I nearly fell off my couch laughing so hard.

"Superb. That's the single nicest thing Jeremy has ever done for
me, and it's completely ruined my life. You lovely sh!thead."

StarScape. Love it

I agree on Peep Show, that series is absolutely fabulous. I own the first season on region 2 DVD, awaiting to buy more.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Even though i think it's declined since the first two series, there were several laugh out loud moments 'i wanted you to think i was a real person but i'm not' and 'i think i'm trying to kill her in particular, but generally series felt most uneven; only one i've not got on DVD.... yet.