What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Fair. I've only seen a couple in HMV, they always catch my eye but always hesitate buying any on the likelihood they're crap
Depends how much you like cult 70's Euro-sleaze really. I love it, so even when these films are crap there's always something I get out of them. Cool Jazz-Funk soundtracks, superb lighting, freaky fashions and decor, insanely glamorous women, extreme yet cartoonish violence...

I've got to say I do like Shameless. They've released some pretty obscure titles, and most of them are uncut. I like that they state clearly on the back of the box if the film has been censored; that's honest and done out of love for the long suffering UK fans

It was £3 and I remember it being amazing

"30 ROCK" SEASON THREE

O'HORTEN
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Watchmen. Because it combines two great loves of mine; Graphic novels and film. This was defiantely the most accurate adaptation from G. Novel to celluloid. And Rorscach is a badass.

Three more Sonny Chiba flicks for under £5.

Masutatsu Oyama was and is a real life legendary figure in the world of Karate. Chiba (who trained with him for five years) plays Oyama in these three films loosely based on his life. I've heard they're very good so I'm looking forward to them arriving.

Fast and Furious (Blu-Ray)
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
Munich
Che: Part 1 + 2
The Tattooist
Body of Lies
Angel Heart
The Firm
(BBC)

Fast and Furious (Blu-Ray)
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover

The Tattooist

The Firm
(BBC)
Can't beat a bit of arthouse sleaze and a down and dirty naked Dame Helen!

"The Tattooist" should have had more love, I liked it a great deal.

Why that caveman Nick Love felt the need to re-make "The Firm" is beyond me! Stick to this superb original. Oldman is magnificent.

Heh, just write up thoughts on the remake in the Movie Tab. Now seen original bit shocked at how much is verbatim

Ok so I sold some more records today (stuff I haven't played in years) and finally managed to scrape the money together for these...

The Pinky Violence Colection contains...

Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless to Confess (1971).
Girl Boss Guerrilla (1972).
Criminal Woman: Killing Melody (1973).
Terrifying Girls’ High School: Lynch Law Classroom (1973).

The other two are gialli/horror I 've had recommended to me. Still got to wait for them to arrive though

Banned from Hollywood.
haven;t bought any DVD's the last month (and a half) actually..still a lot on my DVD library i havent seen...

not in a movie mood lately

however i am looking forward to watching Rec,Superman Returns, The Mummy, charlie Wilson's war and a couple of michael haneke movies i bought 2 months ago and are still gathering dust.

not in a movie mood lately
It happens.

Used Future
Nice pick up on the 'Pinky Violence' box set. I was sent one to review when they first came out and it's a great package, done with love and care.
Sadly I think they went out of business.

Have you checked out the other 2 single 'Pinky' releases they did?
"Sex and Fury" especially is wonderful stuff.

BrotherBlue

Class pick up with "RAN". Fantastic movie. Damn near masterpiece material.

Have you checked out the other 2 single 'Pinky' releases they did?
"Sex and Fury" especially is wonderful stuff..
I own the UK editions (which I assume are uncut - they certainly appear so) of both Sex and Fury and Female Yakuza Tale: Inquisition and Torture. I think Sex and Fury is brilliant, whereas the sequel is only so so.

I'm also a huge fan of the Female Prisoner Scorpion series 1-4 (not seen any of the New Female Prisoner series minus Meiko Kaji though) which I own on the Media Blasters and Eureka labels respectively. All are excellent with the exception of the fourth part Grudge Song which is average. Jailhouse 41 on the Eureka label has a rotten picture transfer too, but it's watchable.

I also recommend Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs and Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight on the Discotek label. Both are great (Especially Bohachi Bushido) and Discotek have done a great job with the releases.

The next one on my list to get is Suzuki's School of the Holy Beast. I'm not bothered about Horrors of Malformed Men because I've heard it's way overrated.

Yes the UK version are uncut. I do love the see-through DVD cases (so you could see the disc) and the clear artwork slipcovers that went over them on the American releases though.
Sadly 'Panikhouse' seem to have folded now.
They also sent me their release of "Tokyo Psycho" to review when it came out and that had a slipcover where the front artwork was an actual jigsaw!
Mad stuff, but damn good and original.