What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I've been on a bit of a music DVD binge lately.

Leonard Cohen Live in London
I love his music and his band on this DVD is outstanding. And it looks good, too.

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live from Madison Square Garden
Just amazing. Two of the greatest musicians of their generation (or any generation, for that matter). The camera work is quite good, too.

Queen Rock Montreal + Live Aid
The Montreal concert is pretty good, but the Live Aid footage is truly great. Freddie Mercury shows why he was one of the greatest front men ever. He has all of Wembly (sp?) stadium in the palm of his hand.

Oh yeah, I forgot. This is my most recent purchase.
I lost the DVD a couple of years ago, so had to repurchase it

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

I bought last time 40 YR OLD VIRGIN Its great comedy shortly:
Some may say 40 year-old Andy Stitzer (Steve Carell) has it all: a great job working at an electronics store; an awesome collection of superhero figures and comic books; friendly elderly neighbours who he watches TV with; and a few cool friends. However, there's just one small problem... he's still a virgin!

Once his co-workers find out about his secret they start a mission to get Andy laid ASAP! But nothing seems to work... until Andy meets 40 year-old mother of three, Trish - a woman who doesn't want sex in her relationships!
Relay funny story

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Thanks for reading the back of the cover to me.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I Am Registered And So Can You!
Thanks for reading the back of the cover to me.
lol.

I am burdened with glorious purpose

Yea, well, okay, I'm one of the millions who decided to revisit this amazing talent after he left us and wonder why I ignored him in the 1990s when he made some great music. There's something about the finality of death I suppose that drove me to the point of obsession with obtaining as much of his music and performances I could get my hands on.

And this DVD is a favorite. To watch him in concert is a treat to behold. On the one hand, I find myself amazed at his movements, his distinctive and soulful voice, his brilliant music, while on the other hand, I am mourning the loss of his physical being and remembering the tragedy of his later life. It's a rare mixture of contradictory emotions.

Highlights: His hugging a fan during "She's Out of My Life," and the stage anti-gravity lean and imagery of "Smooth Criminal" (the video of this seen on other DVDs is also fantastic)

Highlights: The amazing group of drummers in "They Don't Care About Us," the imagery in "Earth Song," and the flat-out brilliance behind "Stranger in Moscow," both in song and imagery. I would like to youtube it here for you:

EDIT: For some reason, all the Stranger in Moscow videos have had embedded removed by request. But you can surely go there and watch. It's really amazing, imo.

I also purchased Dangerous: The Short Films:

Highlight: "Give in to Me" which is now one of my favorite Jackson songs. It's a rock song with Slash doing a bit of guitar. Wonderful song. CHECK IT OUT!

So, yea, the Jackson estate made a bit of money on me. This doesn't include the CDs I bought: HIStory, The Number Ones, Dangerous, Thriller 25 (I had bought the album when it came out decades ago. It was fun to revisit and heck, it's Thriller!)

RIP Michael.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Top Edwoodwoodwood action there!

Probably Carol Reed's second most famous film and stylistically a bit of a dry run for The Third Man.

Got a copy of The Lives of Others in the mail today. Saw it a few weeks ago and loved it, so when I found a Borders gift card I'd long-since forgotten about (still worked, woohoo) and I needed to fill out the last few bucks on it after the other purchases, I used it to help pay for the DVD. Definitely looking forward to seeing it again soon.

Top Edwoodwoodwood action there!
Thank you sir, I do like some Ewarwoowar action myself.

Got a copy of The Lives of Others in the mail today. Saw it a few weeks ago and loved it... Definitely looking forward to seeing it again soon.
It is fantastic, isn't it? I've seen it three times and it's yet to get tired for me. In fact, I think I get more involved every time.

HK I find them quite amusing lol
You're not alone there, n3wt. However, I was bored (as well as hugely letdown) by the first one and I don't think I finished the second. Didn't bother with the third.

Really this the good DVD . I am also saw this DVD and enjoyed with this.

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS
SEASON TWO
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra