What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Defiance

The Spirt

Little Miss Sunshine

Pushing Daisies Series 2

Catch A Fire

The Game

The Inbetweeners Series 1 - 2 Boxset

Hell Boy 2

Sunshine

Burn After Reading

Welcome to the human race...

Mystery Science Theater 3000

So far the only MST3K boxset to be released in Australia - it contains First Spaceship on Venus, Laserblast, Werewolf and Future War. I hope that there's more, but something tells me it isn't likely.

Mystery Science Theater 3000

So far the only MST3K boxset to be released in Australia - it contains First Spaceship on Venus, Laserblast, Werewolf and Future War. I hope that there's more, but something tells me it isn't likely.
At least you get one boxed set released. Over here in the UK they havent released any . I'm still not quite sure why, I've heard it's something to do with VIACOM and licensing, but who knows....

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I had this off my wife for our wedding aniversary on Tuesday I havent seen The Godfather before and I watched it last night and OMG what a movie, it is amazing.

I went to Bodega Bay today with the family (minus 1 sister). Because it was where a lot of The Birds was shot, we had to stop on the way home and pick the DVD up. None of us have seen it in a while anyway.

I also got Simpsons season 9 the other day.

Banned from Hollywood.
Mad max trilogy. because i hadnt seen any of them in over a decade the first one remains my favorite of the three...and in her shoes out of curiosity from all the great reviews it got..it was just OK

I only buy specific films on Blu Ray. Sometimes most films aren't worth getting on Blu Ray because sometimes the transfers aren't noticable or the film has a deliberate stylistic look that's not meant to look all shiny and new (Death Proof , This Is England). So I went to this site that pretty much gives you the ins and outs on the Blu Ray films worth buying and one of my favourite films ever got the heads up in the video and audio description. And they were right. I know it's not a well liked film, but it looks GORGEOUS on Hi Def. Almost 3D.

What's the site? I often only buy blu-ray if i think they'll benefit from the transfer or are the same price as the DVD, in case blu ray does replace dvd

Here you go, mate. http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/reviews_video.html

You can sort anyway you want. If you want to sort by the audio grade just go to audio, or the video presentation just go to video and blah blah blah. They go into proper detail too about what makes the transfers good and bad, like.

Tomorrow morning it'll be...

Waltz with Bashir

My Dinner with Andre Criterion Collection
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The last dvd I bought was Army of Darkness. Got it for my 6 year old who is a huge Bruce Campbell fan. He loves it.