'Ghostbusters 3' to shoot this year?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Dan Aykroyd has revealed that Ghostbusters 3 may begin shooting this autumn.
The 56-year-old, who co-wrote and starred in the '80s comedies, revealed in an online chat to The Boston Globe that Office writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg had started working on a script for the sequel.
Aykroyd said: "Script commenced early summer. Hope to be in production by late fall 2009."
It has been rumoured that original cast members Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson and Aykroyd will reprise their roles in the sequel and hand over the ghostbusting reigns to a younger team.
The first Ghostbusters, released in 1984, grossed $292 million at the worldwide box office and was followed by a sequel in 1989.

This would be awesome IMO I would love another Ghostbusters movie

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...this-year.html

I didn't think II "sucked," it just didn't live up to the original. I give it points mainly for at least having the spirit of the original. As for this one, I'll reserve judgment.

...uh the post is up there...

I am the Nightrider!
One of the big net rumors, was to have the four guys from "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" be the new Ghostbusters, with the older team passing the torch to them. If written properly, that would be amazing!

-UJ

I hope they don't take the Extreme Ghostbusters route and pair them with an overly politically correct team of youngsters.

Im looking forward to the effects, all the ghosties and goulies looking awesome in CGI.
Ya know, that's actually one of the things I may not care for. I'm weird I guess, but there's something about the pre-cgi revolution era that intrigues me. I really like that all of the ghost effects in both films seemed at leat some what tangible, as if you knew that several effects workers put the hours in to get it on screen. I don't care much for the ultra-reality created in most films with cgi, it seems remote and too sterile. Although The Frighteners, I think, enhanced upon the effects in the Ghostbusters movies.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I know what your say and agree

I love all aspects in film making, the direction, the camera angles and ofcourse the SFX. There is nothing I like more is to watch in awe of effects in film. Funnily enough I had this discusion Sunday while we were watching The Living Daylights, at the end of the film where Bond is flying the plane and drops the bomb on the two tanks on the bridge. You could see the amount of work that went into the explosions and the bridge colapsing.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
One of the big net rumors, was to have the four guys from "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" be the new Ghostbusters, with the older team passing the torch to them. If written properly, that would be amazing!

-UJ
Couldn't agree more. Even though the second one wasn't as good as the first, you can't just bring the group back and everything be the same as it was back then. I remember reading something, don't ask me to quote from where cause I don't remember, that stated Apatow was somehow involved in the writing of the new film. I could be totally wrong and just misinterpreted the same thing you posted UJ.

As for the video game...here's a quote taken directly from IGN:

Originally Posted by IGN
The real Ghostbusters return in this videogame sequel to the Ghostbusters movies. Stars Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Bill Murray reunite to reprise their roles as Spengler, Stantz, Zeddmore and Venkman. Supporting the ghost busting crew are the talents of Annie Potts, Brian Doyle Murray and William Atherton.

With Manhattain newly overrun by ghosts and other supernatural creatures, it's up to you to take on the role of a new recruit joining the original, famous Ghostbusters team. Equipped with a variety of unique weapons and gadgets, you will hunt, fight and capture a wide range of uncanny phantasms and demons in an all-new, funny and frightening battle to save New York City from its latest paranormal plague.
Game has a release date of June 16th.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm not big on all the remakes that have been coming out. Not only do they take away from the inegrity of the old movies but it also screw up my box sets, hehe.

If they do get around to making a new one I would much rather see a new team of Ghost Buster. Just like with Indy, Rambo, and McClane I have a problem with seeing 'old men' not only do what they did 20 years ago but do it better than ever. It just doesn't sit right with me.

When you say the four guys from Virgin do you mean Carell, Rudd, Malco and Rogan?

I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I have yet to not like a movie they are in, and with 'their writers' behind them it just might be a great movie.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Im really looking forward to the release of the game but I dont know to go for the 360 for graphics of Wii for the Wii controls?
I liked my Wii for the interactive party games, but when it came to story-driven games that relied on certain motions, it became very annoying. I would say go with the 360.

Everything I read has said the game is Ghostbusters 3, and it's written by the original people and has the original cast etc.

Thinking of simply renting both. Best of both worlds, then.

Renting is great in some ways. As an example, I rented Shrooms, you wasted money on buying it

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
LMAO it was another cheap DVD I thought I would give a go even though I said I wouldnt, but on the good side I have the knowledge of knowing that there is another bad movie I wont have to watch again but it makes my collection look bigger