Best/Worst Fantasy Films

Tools    

Oh thankyou little green one. Just reading about the other fantasy films brought RoF to mind... moseying along then.

I'll get me coat.

The Gweat and Tewwible
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

I also think she is quite pretty--but with the 'do and the outfit, that picture makes her look like a medival peckerhead mushroom. Long neck, small head... you know what I'm sayin'?
Yeah I can see where your comin from...That whole outfit makes her look funny and not just on the cover. I love the chainmail though. Again, I have not seen the movie but I have looked at the pictures over and over :sigh:

Originally posted by gnasher

Labrynth - BOO!
Come on guys, what's wrong with Labyrinth? Granted some of the characters are annoying (cough) Didymus (cough), but its a kids movie for garsh sakes. And a damn good one! You can't beat the sexual tension between Jareth and Sarah. And it has David Bowie singing! I haven't seen Dark Crystal yet but I am pretty confident with siding with Holden. What does DC have that Labyrinth doesn't? And I changed my mind about Harry Potter (the movie)--it aint that bad....

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Ozma

Come on guys, what's wrong with Labyrinth?
Holden said it's The Labyrinth. So, get it right.

My best fantasy is to be Betty Boop.

Now, check out my new avatar. Dreams do come true.

Whaddya think, Sadie lady?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Jason

Whaddya think, Sadie lady?
I think you should piss off.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm serious.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I'm serious.
Well, hello, Serious. Is your first name Yahoo?!

I'm Betty Boop.

Reign of fire isnt fantasy its actually post-apocalyptic. There arent enough good post apocalyptic movies that come out nowadays. I love that setting.

anyone else familiar with movies of this or this other genre called Cyberpunk. Its one of my favorite. The only cyberpunk movie i can think of is Bladerunner. But theres lots of rpg's like Shadowrun and final fantasy 7 was also in this setting.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

The Gweat and Tewwible
Holden said it's The Labyrinth. So, get it right.
At least I didn't spell it Labyrnth....I think I will just call it Laby for short

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Jason

I'm Betty Boop.
You wish. You smell like a man in Betty's clothing; not attractive, Jason.

You wish. You smell like a man in Betty's clothing; not attractive, Jason.
Mmmm.... the musk of a transvestite. Calgon, take me away!

Originally posted by mecurdius
anyone else familiar with movies of this or this other genre called Cyberpunk. Its one of my favorite. The only cyberpunk movie i can think of is Bladerunner. But theres lots of rpg's like Shadowrun and final fantasy 7 was also in this setting.
Well, anything based off of a William Gibson story... which I guess is only one: Johnny Mnemonic. He did a couple of episodes of the X-Files, too.

If you like cyberpunk, it's better represented in fiction, I think. Mr. Gibson is a good place to start, although I'm probably just telling you something you already know.

Other "cyberpunk" films: Mad Max, Escape from New York, Tank Girl, Twelve Monkeys and the Omega Man.

Heh heh heh - looking at it, that would make a good film
"12 monkeys and the omega man"

Just thought of more cyberpunk films (these ones are ****e though): Waterworld, the Postman, Barbed Wire.

I dunno... Waterworld and the Postman? Those are post-apocalyptic, sure, but not cyberpunk. There's no real "technology" in either one of those movies.

And technically speaking, so to speak , "cyberpunk" as a genre almost always requires a sort of melding of technology with society/culture/humanity. The Matrix is a good example of contemporary cyberpunk. Even, though it gags me to say it, Hackers (in style, if not in substance).

EDIT: Forgot anime--lots of Japanamation has cyberpunk elements (Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Armitage III, etc.).

Now With Moveable Parts
Ghost in the Shell.
Ahhhhhh....yeeeeeeah.