Movie Tab

Tools    

Bah humbug to Chris. It wasn't like there was some sort of deep anti-capitalist subtext in Spiderman, I just enjoyed that aspect of it. It was funny.

...Now, if you want to see a real anti-capitalist movie, see Changing Lanes. Whoa.

Nah-uh. The message was anti-evil. Anti-greed. Not anti-capitalism. And IMO, there was no anti-capitalistic message in Spider-Man whatsoever. Not even the tiniest bit.

The Gweat and Tewwible
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
Totally, Oz. I loved that movie so, so much. I'm a graduate student in creative writing, too, so it hit pretty close to home. Such a great flick--and Tobey, too. I like him scrawny, I like him ripply.
I am going to major in either English, Journalism, or Creative Writing. I am taking creative writing next year in H.S. so I'll see if I am any good. It hit home b/c I love literature and stories and it was a very touching movie. I also love when Tobey is watching the old movies on TV...all of his scenes are my favorites. Anyway, to get back on the subject I saw The Cider House Rules, all of it last night. Right now everyone is watching O Brother Where Art Thou? but I am not really paying attention...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Ozma
Right now everyone is watching O Brother Where Art Thou? but I am not really paying attention...
Avert your eyes from the computer and watch the movie. Great movie!!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

"Fabricated American"
Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones

-GTB

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Twice)
"I've got a bad feeling about this!"

AGAIN! Come up with some new dialogue George, it's getting tired.

Death Race 2000

Star Wars 2

If nothing else, Yoda kicks ass.

Spider-Man
I liked it. The acting was better than I thought it would be, and the FX was actually a little worse. Decent plot.

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
Again, the good acting kind of surprised me. The fighting, the lines, the plot, the scarcity of Jar Jar were all improvements over TPM. With regard to the fighting, that is saying A LOT, as TPM had my favorite movie fight of all time, until now. Let's face it, Yoda kicking ass really did kick ass; his fighting was one of the best things I have seen in a movie in a long time. Also, this film had much less kiddy stuff in general than its predecesor; a big improvement.

Unfortunately, there are some bad lines, and Lucas powerfully demonstrated his lack of romance experience. At one point, when the movie switched from Kenobi to the two love birds, I heard several groans from the audience; those scenes really did mostly stink.

All in all, though, I like Episode II quite a bit more than Episode I and can't wait for the final installment of this trilogy.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Chris, I told you you'd pick up that one ironic line.
Hilarious.
That line got a big groan at the showing I went to. Very lame joke.

Well, aren't you just nice and disagreeable?

I didn't say it was hilarious because it was lame, strangely enough. I said it because I thought it hilarious and had many people at the showing I went to (your screening wasn't the only one on the planet, believe it or not) smiling and chuckling.

So groan all you want.

I loved that line--it was pitch-perfect.

We rented Ghost World and Joy Ride on DVD--I'm ready for an awesome movie night! Ghost World I haven't seen yet, and we saw Joy Ride in the theater, but we're watching it with a couple of friends who haven't seen it yet--and there's buttloads of extras on the DVD.

Aw, yeah...

The Gweat and Tewwible
Ghost World is great, I'm sure you'll like it.

Brassed Off
Just finished watching it

Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones
Saw it at 10:45 last night, didn't go to school today

Ghost World is great, I'm sure you'll like it.
I'm expecting to.

About A Boy

Lovely. Terrific. If I had the chance, I'd sleep with Hugh Grant (provided he was himself, not his character here.) So touching.

O, Brother Where Art Thou?
"The best thing you ever did for the girls was getting hit by that train!"