Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
However, he doesn't know he's her next of kin, so the point is moot. Right now, as far as the general populace knows, her next of kin would be her aunt, whom we've seen earlier.

Right now this aunt is the only one left who could put together two and two and figure out (eventually) that Jack and Claire are brother and sister. But would she admit that?

What the hell? How?
They have the same father. Can't remember the details.

I take it you don't remember the episode that was Claire-centric before the crash? Where she was in a car wreck and her mother went comatose. At one point Christian Shepard (Jack's dad) showed up in Australia to see her. He was paying for her treatment. He wanted to also see Claire (he'd had an affair with her mother years ago), and although she did meet with him, she refused to let him tell her his name, so she never knew who he was either.

Her aunt (her mother's sister) disliked Christian immensely (they met up in Claire's mom's hospital room by accident). So, she obviously knows about him. Since Christian has since died, and Claire's mother is comatose, the only person left that we know of who knows the truth is Claire's aunt.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Holy Crap!!!!!!!

Tonights episode was soooo good.

Best ep yet this season.

Suspect's Reviews

I had some sort of flash of brilliance in interpretation right in mid-show but now I've totally forgotten what it is.

And yes, I realize just how outrageous ironic that is. I'll remember what it was soon.... but gahhh! till then.

Yesterday's episode explains why desmond saw charlie die in the future.

What was odd was that, when Daniel asked if Desmond had been exposed to radiation or EMPs, Jack shrugged as if to say, Nope.

What's up wit' dat?

Yesterday's episode explains why desmond saw charlie die in the future.
Wasn't Desmond allowed to see the future because of what happened with the electrical charge from the hatch? And, flying in the helicopter
I presume Desmond was only affected because of what happened to him in the hatch - right?

Now i am thinking, is the island in some time warp/ bermuda triangle type world? Or an alternate reality?

The Bermuda Triangle theory is definitely out there among Lost fans. And we already know there is SOME sort of time warp issue with getting on and off the island (that half-hour gap with Daniel's rocket-thing and then Sayid mentioning to the pilot that they'd taken off at dusk and landed at midday). But how bad is it, and why is it there?

We already know it sucked in a jet plane when Desmond failed to type in the numbers on time, and that it crashed Naomi's helicopter, and that they had to drug Juliette to get her there because the last part of the trip was a "bumpy ride."

The recap episodes are great for some partial clues to this issue. In the last one the narrator (Michael Emerson) said that the EMP that issued when Desmond turned the failsafe key made the island briefly visible to the outside world. This is how and when Penny's searchers in the igloo-type scene "found" the island briefly.

This also tells us that, in general, the island isn't easily found because it's not "visible" to the naked eye.

As for why Desmond was affected on the helicopter, yes, I agree. Remember that in Daniel asked Jack and Juliette point blank: Was Desmond recently exposed to a high dose of radiation or an EMP?

Desmond episodes always are a lot of fun, even if they tend to rely too heavily on the actor's ability to just freak out with amazing skill and believability.

I believe Micheal, the murdering bastard is set to make his return next week. I call him that because that's what I think of him.

Micheal's been in the damn credits ever since the start of the Season. Wondering how long it's gonna take for them to show us he's the inside man. If he is that is

Well Mike did open the door for DeSayid and the bad guy from Hackers aka George Makowski

I thought Pezmond's phone reunion was beautiful, I'm glad we did get at least one Christmas episode.It was great to see it and be like "What about Sayid?Where's Nadia huh?"

What I wanna know is, how much of a time discrepancy is there between the island and the real world.

As in, if they've been gone a hundred days how long has it been since the plane left Sidney?And does Rousseau's 17 years turn into something even bigger? Or smaller? And does the "iteration" Sayid heard in S1Ep2 disprove my time idea?

And what the frak is up with Faraday? Did he only come to the island to work on his experiment with time travel? Does Desmond's meeting with him explain why he was crying in his flashback?

I've officially added a new possible ending to my list:

Because of time-travel, Daniel or Desmond are able to go back and stop things from happening. Either the numberof people who get on the plane or the plane's journey itself or Desmond's boat race that leads to the crash.

Except you can't change the future . . . . . . . .God damn you science!

Jack wouldn't know that he has been because he was captured by the Others when Desmond got fried.

I find it hard to believe that they hadn't talked about any of that stuff. To be realistic, surely someone would have mentioned this happening to Desmond once Jack got back to the beach. You know, filling him in on what happened while he was away.

To think otherwise is unrealistic. And oddly, I don't find Lost unrealistic ... in that way.

I think we are meant to take Daniel's offhand statement of not being able to change the future very seriously (as viewers).

Also, I don't think he and/or Desmond go back and change anything. During Kate's trial (and at other points in flash-forwards), it's clear that the Oceanic Six are covering up information and lying about it. Nothing changed -- those numbers Jack made up in his testimony are definitely made up. Lies.

The real question is: What happened, and why do the people who came back feel they have to lie about it?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I find it hard to believe that they hadn't talked about any of that stuff. To be realistic, surely someone would have mentioned this happening to Desmond once Jack got back to the beach. You know, filling him in on what happened while he was away.

To think otherwise is unrealistic. And oddly, I don't find Lost unrealistic ... in that way.
That seems plausible. But if you watch the episodes, Jack was there for half the season. When he got back, he came back with Juliet and no one trusted him remember?

People were too busy trying to come up with plans for when the Others attack to worry about telling Jack what happened.

Even if they did tell him would he know he was exposed to radiation or whatever? No one knew what happened INSIDE the hatch, but Locke and Desmond. Eko and Charlie were not inside where Des and Locke were and last time I checked Jack was about to shoot Locke in the face.

I'll admit though, at first when he shrugged I was thinking 'What The Heck' too.

On a side note - We were told when the plane crashed and we now know that it is December 24th. I can't remember when the plane crashed but it was September something 2004. Someone jsut watched Eggtown for when Jack tells the date to know exactly. Then do the math and we know how long they have been gone (in real time) Island time they said it's been how many days? 100 or soemthing?