Ghost Movies

Tools    

Don't think anyone mentioned it, but Always (1989) was a decent offering by Spielberg (Richard Dreyfuss as the ghost). Special to me too because it was Audrey Hepburn's last film.
Did you know Always is a remake of a 1940s film A Guy Called Joe that starred Spencer Tracy. The girl making a flight to save her love doesn't make much since in either film, but the 1940s version is a sentimental war film with IMHO a much better cast, so I prefer it. Not to take anything from Miss Hepburn, but I like her early work such as Roman Holiday much better when she was just starting out

How about the movie Ghost by Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore? I think it is nice.

Some of my favorites have already been mentioned so I'll just add a few that haven't:

Kill, Baby Kill! (1966)

Darkness (2002)

Gothika (2003)
Love Kill, Baby...Kill!
Hate Darkness
Like Gothika

Some of my favorites have already been mentioned so I'll just add a few that haven't:

Kill, Baby Kill! (1966)

Darkness (2002)

Gothika (2003)

Haven't seen any of those so I guess I need to add them to my list....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Certifiably troglodytic.
Did you know Always is a remake of a 1940s film A Guy Called Joe that starred Spencer Tracy.
I did not know that. I will check that one out for sure.

The girl making a flight to save her love doesn't make much since in either film, but the 1940s version is a sentimental war film with IMHO a much better cast, so I prefer it. Not to take anything from Miss Hepburn, but I like her early work such as Roman Holiday much better when she was just starting out
Yes indeed. I would have to opt for an earlier Audrey too, but I'll take what I can get.

For me.."The Sixth Sense", "Amityville Horror" and "Children of the Corn" are my favorites.

Love Kill, Baby...Kill!
Hate Darkness
Like Gothika
To me, there was something very menacing in the mood of Darkness. I thought about putting a caveat on it to note that it's sub par to the other two but then Gothika is sub par to Kill, Baby...Kill! so it seemed pointless.

Anyways, yes, Darkness is subject to the pitfalls of the genre (modern day). There are some cheap thrills, some quirky camera angles and shakes that are obviously rip offs, a not so deep (but rather involved) story line, BUT it also does some things right in comparison to other modern day examples. There is plenty of tension, there is Lena Olin, there is mental illness, ghosts, creepy atmosphere that is extremely well done, a haunted house, backstabbing characters, Lena Olin , satanic sacrifice, and a pace that keeps up appropriately with all of that stuff crammed into a few hours of film.

If anyone is going to watch it, I'd recommend the uncut version (which is what I have). Most of the griping out there about this film is due to the fact that it was heavily cut up in order to achieve a PG-13 rating. I understand the result was disastrous but I never saw the theatrical version, only the uncut, which is what I'm basing my opinion on.

Also:
WARNING: "Darkness" spoilers below
The survival rate is very low which is a plus in this kind of film.

I'm a bunch of a hell!
I remember the movie "The Hunting and Poltergeist" this movie scares me, with the effects looks so natural and the sounds...

The Others is wickedly scary. Sends shiver down my spine. It has a nasty twist at the ending which I absolutely love.

I had actually came up with a scary movie list before...but since this is specifically ghost flicks...here's my picks.

Sixth Sense
Devil's Backbone
Shutter
Nang Nak
Dark Water
The Ring
The Others

I'll go with Sleepy Hollow... It's a great movie

Ghost Busters Woot

Hey me too...I watched Poltergeist and I really like the scene where the girl was possess...And in 13th Ghost the house was really cool every room has a ghost...that is awesome...
you were such an different creatures., how come that a room which have a ghost was cool and how it became awesome., imagine yourself on that room with a ghost., what will you do .,? I think you will tell to them cool., awesome.,

The Six Sense two : Bruce Willis and Mace Windu(sorry forgot his real name).

you were such an different creatures., how come that a room which have a ghost was cool and how it became awesome., imagine yourself on that room with a ghost., what will you do .,? I think you will tell to them cool., awesome.,
Probably right...I will tell them those words...So do you have any problem with that??? I'm a real and absolute weirdo you know...So if you will insist your opinion...just say it I don't care...because people have different opinion that's why we have our own brain, get it...

Anyway I like Poltergeist...and I really have fun watching this movie back then...

I'm a bunch of a hell!
Poltergeist is very classic though but I still enjoy watching them so...

Probably right...I will tell them those words...So do you have any problem with that??? I'm a real and absolute weirdo you know...So if you will insist your opinion...just say it I don't care...because people have different opinion that's why we have our own brain, get it...

Anyway I like Poltergeist...and I really have fun watching this movie back then...
oh really.,? I thought those person who have that kind of thinking where some kind of a duh people.,weird? in a sense that you were different from others in which if they are happy you were lonely and if they are lonely you were happy., oh I was amazed on you.,