Rob Zombie's Halloween on DVD Dec 18th

Tools    

The movie has just hit theatres and word on its dvd release date has already been announced. The DVD will hit shelves just in time for the Xmas rush on December 18th. No word on the specs or the artwork obviously since its a wee bit early but there is talk that it will have an ALTERNATE ending on the dvd (think workprinkprint). We will have to wait and see.

Despite some early negative reviews by "Critics" the fans have spoken in two ways. The movie has just hit theatres and we got word on its dvd release date before anyone else. Hows that for a scoop? The DVD will hit shelves just in time for the Xmas rush on December 18th. We have no word on the specs or the artwork obviously since its a wee bit early but there is talk that it will have an ALTERNATE ending on the dvd. We will have to wait and see. The only thing known for sure is that come Dec 18th it will be on DVD.

Rob Zombies Halloween broke a box office record for a Labor Day Friday bringing in over 10million dollars. It didnt just break the record it DESTROYED it. The previous record was 5million held by Transporter. Needless to say this is good news for Horror.

Source: Horror-Movies.ca

I'll let you know further details as soon as I get them.

I think the alternate ending will be that he kills everyone instead of falling out of the window.

This should be good, I loved house of 1,000 corpses and The Devils Rejects was the perfect follow up. Hopefully he won't ruin (imo) a perfect movie.

Beware The Probe!
Wow.
Out already?
I swear, movies are coming out on DVD faster and faster each year.
I remember years and years ago when it was almost a year for VCR, then 6 months.
I know they wanna do it for Christmas and all but, wow... 3 months.

I watched this a few weeks back and i thought it was brilliant. Being able to see Michael from when he was a child made it even better than just remaking the original and not changing anything.

I watched this a few weeks back and i thought it was brilliant. Being able to see Michael from when he was a child made it even better than just remaking the original and not changing anything.
Yes. Exactly. Me I saw it roughly 7 times and I love each time Isee it. John Carpenter's version is a classic for sure.....but Zombie's will become an instant cult phenomenon.

The Weinstein Company and Genius Entertainment will be releasing the Rob Zombie directed re-imagining of the horror film Halloween which stars Tyler Mane, Daeg Faerch, Sheri Moon, William Forsythe, Udo Kier, Clint Howard, Danny Trejo and Leslie Easterbrook onto DVD December 18th. It will be available in seperate 2-Disc Rated, and 2-Disc Unrated editions(with 11 minutes of additional footage). Each DVD is loaded with special features including audio commentaries, alternate ending, deleted scenes, featurettes, screen tests, bloopers and much MUCH more. Each com with a SRP of $27.95.

Early details below:
  • Audio Commentary by Writer/Director Rob Zombie
  • Alternate Ending
  • 17 Deleted Scenes with Optional Director Commentary
  • Re-Imagining Halloween documentary
  • Conversation With Rob Zombie featurette
  • Meet the Cast featurette
  • Screen Tests
  • Bloopers
  • and more..........

Stay tuned, I will bring you further news on this title as soon as it arrives.

Actually looking forward to buying this one. Got like a weeks theatrical run over here so never got to compare it to the workprint. I'm guessing the DVD comes with the theatrical print and the some deleted scenes will be workprint cuts.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
I actually liked the remake, which I gave 7.5/10 to. My thoughts:

Sure this flick doesn't even come close to matching the brilliance of the original classic. However, there is actually some merit to this remake, along with the fact that comparing the two is actually comparing apples and oranges. Both are different in texture, style, and overall goals although in the end the original ends up being far scarier than the remake, while the remake is more vicious and gory.

Yes there is plenty of blood and violence here. Michael isn't just a homicidal maniac; he's a badass super killing machine that doesn't stop at nothing to achieve his goals. No one here is actually safe, including the film's protagonist, Laurie Strode, and her small group of friends. I'd say that the film is actually quite good for the most part up until the third act, where things start to become cheesy and rather lame. Still, the last scene is actually haunting and awesome, with the film ending on a relatively interesting note that was totally unexpected.

In the end, I view this as a relatively fascinating experiment, one that actually succeeds unlike most remakes. Zombie certainly has talent, and I actually want to seek out his other, more original work to get a further indication of where he's going as a potential auteur.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

I'm guessing the DVD comes with the theatrical print and the some deleted scenes will be workprint cuts.

The Rated edition will come with the theatrical cut, yes. The Unrated Director's Cut will carry all the deleted/alternate scenes.

It's cool actually owning the workprint, cause I can watch it right before the theatrical cut at home.

Thanks jrs. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait to long for this, I am anticipating that I will probably like this better than the original.