Halloween (2007)

Tools    

I've always liked the original so here's hoping this one is decent. Also why not release it more towards halloween? I suppose they don't want to compete with saw, but it could at least be released in early October...

I've always liked the original so here's hoping this one is decent. Also why not release it more towards Halloween? I suppose they don't want to compete with saw, but it could at least be released in early October...
I was thinking they want it to run a good month perhaps then if it slows down after a few weeks, it may rise up again in October or mid October near the actual holiday. Time will tell I guess. I think they did that with H2O. Not sure though.

Classics should be left alone though. If Zombie wants to add to the Halloween franchise, he should do it without remaking Carpenters original. A prequel would have been great, I would have had no problem. But to remake even some of the movie just sort of makes me sick. I still want to see it but really have mixed feelings. Curiosity being the main reason why I want to see it. Maybe I'll feel different after I actually see it.
So we're calling this a classic now? That's a little much don't ya think? A cult favorite I suppose but classic? I'm really happy Zombie is doing this I really like his style.

Of course Halloween is a classic, it invented/concreted a massive genre and was a highly effective, well made horror film from maestro Carpenter.

I have noticed ALOT of MoFos do get confused betwen remakes and a director's own vision of a film. Rob Zombie's Halloween is his own vision brokendown and executed in fabulous glory. Rob's film, 'based' on 1979 Carpenter horror classic is already known to be a cult classic itself. It pulls off all the right shots in every direction possible.

So we're calling this a classic now? That's a little much don't ya think?
Holy fish!

It's total classic Powderdwater. My numero uno Horror movie too.

I have noticed ALOT of MoFos do get confused betwen remakes and a director's own vision of a film. Halloween 2007 is Zombie's vision of Myer's life and own vision of the 1979 Carpenter horror classic. Everything you will see is 'based' on the original. This film, which is already known to be a cult classic itself, does pulls off all the shots in every direction possible.
That 'rape scene' would have killed it I think. For me anyways.

I meant it for what you said...not my opinion on the film
No, I mean you saw that scene right. Do you prefer it in the film or out?

I have noticed ALOT of MoFos do get confused betwen remakes and a director's own vision of a film. Rob Zombie's Halloween is his own vision brokendown and executed in fabulous glory. Rob's film, 'based' on 1979 Carpenter horror classic is already known to be a cult classic itself. It pulls off all the right shots in every direction possible.
Sorry but that is a slightly ridiculous statement. There is no difference, a Director's own vision would be a different film, i can understand that certain directors have more an attachment to a project than others but they're still using the same source material and another directors original vision to make a movie. All Zombie has added is a more human Myers and his upbringing, apart from that it follows exactly the same structure as the original after his escape and the only difference is the handling of violence, otherwise it's almost identical!

Sorry but that is a slightly ridiculous statement. There is no difference, a Director's own vision would be a different film, i can understand that certain directors have more an attachment to a project than others but they're still using the same source material and another directors original vision to make a movie. All Zombie has added is a more human Myers and his upbringing, apart from that it follows exactly the same structure as the original after his escape and the only difference is the handling of violence, otherwise it's almost identical!
In the original where is him as a child? in juevie? in his cell? There are ways to compare

In the original where is him as a child? in juevie? in his cell? There are ways to compare
Errr, like i said, his upbringing and events before his escape where only additions from Zombie before aping the original.

It's impossible to me for it to equal the original. All I want is to see this new style with the new faces and I'm sure it will still thrill me to a good degree anyways. I don't mind the extra gore. Just something a bit different is all that will turn my crank.