80's Teenager Films

Tools    

MovieForums Extra

Yeah Cloak and Dagger was good, it was one of the first movies I remember seeing as a child, along with The Voyager (not teenager exactly, more about a kid), Coccoon, and Escape From Alcatraz... Love these movies!

Yes DARYL is the one. Thanks!

I can't believe someone else knows the movie DARYL!
What about Project X - Matthew Broderick has to save the monkeys.

Yeah, I watched some of Project X on the TV once, but I wasn't very impressed...

I saw Project X in the theater when it came out, and I didn't care for it much, either. It wasn't bad. It just didn't do anything for me.

Shag The Movie
Cant buy me Love
Girls just Want To Have fun
Dance Party
The Catholic Boys
The Monster Squad
The Goonies
Hairspray
Back To The Future
One Crazy Summer
Teen Witch
St Elmos Fire
About Last Night
Aloha Summer
Liars Moon
Pretty In Pink
Breakdance
Dirty Dancing
Purple Rain
Rocky IV
to name just a few
BRING BACK THE 80'S!!!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Everyone's mentioned The Goonies, but what about Sixteen Candles, Weird Science,and Ferris Bueller's Day Off!? COME ON PEOPLE!!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Some Kind of Wonderful is probably my favorite 80's teen angst/love/coming of age flick. It often gets overshadowed by Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Ferris Bueller, but I loved it when I was in 8th grade. Like Sixteen Candles, it was more of a drama than a teen comedy love story, but it dealt with some pretty heavy material in a good way.

love peace and chicken grease
what about stand by me
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

"Better Off Dead"
The best 80's teen movie.

Originally Posted by Mr. Fong
Ok, Im a big movie fan and I can often be very critical of films, but one of my guilty pleasures are stupid teen movies that were made in the great cheesiest era of all time, the 80's.
Actually I haven't even seen all that many and there are many untapped classics out there that i haven't seen. But im trying to beef up my veiwing of these cheesy flicks. Stereotypical highschool characters, embarressing fashion, horrible acting, corny jokes, and of course 80's music, just make these flicks WONDERFUL! Everytime I go to the video store now i try and rent one.
Here is just a list of my favorites

Karate Kid: This is just one of the great 80's teen flicks. Not to mention an all time classic in its own right. Great music, memorable dialogue, unforgettable characters. Johnny the bad dude, has the greatest 80's hair dew. His hair alone is worth checking out this movie. One of the best lines in the movie...Daniel-son asks Elizabeth Shue to drive his new car, shes hesitant, and then Daniel says, "Oh Come on, Its the 80's man!'

Just One Of the Guys: This movie wreaks of the 80's. Typical teenage highscool 80's flick. Big dumb jerk Jocks, freaky lizard nerd guys, and sweet geeky boy who gets the girl. Oh yeah, and the girl who dresses up like a dude, she looks like the karate kid when shes a he. its funny!
Best part of this movie is the main characters younger brother who is obbsessed with sex and getting laid. I seen this movie too many times for my own good i think.

My Best Friends A Vampire: A good 80's flick with a twist. Geeky teenager is the star again, but this time hes become a vampire. But all the main players are here, main character sidekick, with cool 80's mullet hair, who is obsessed with getting laid. This movie just cracks me up, definetly a must see if you havent already.

Well, of course i love the 80's teen classics such as The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles, but i just thought Id throw some more obscure ones out, that i love and have seen countless times. Any other CHEESY and FUN teen 80's flicks that youve seen, that i should check out?
THE CHEESIER AND DUMBER THE BETTER
Tell us. They dont make teen flicks like they use to thats for sure. Ill take Just On of the Guys over Dude wheres my Car any day.
What about Nicholas Cage in "Valley Girl," which was a surprisingly good flick despite the tie-in with a very bad Frank Zappa song.

The movie also features an awesome, yet obscure 80s tune that I absolutely love "Eyes of a Stranger" by the Payolas.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by susan
better off dead
one crazy summer
some kind of wonderful
pretty in pink
10 things that i hate about you
ferris beuller
dirty dancing
back to the future (all three)
Hi Susan! Long time no see!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
How about Say Anything. LOL I want to be a kickboxer or in charge of a plane full of criminals as Larkin would say.

i have to go with better off dead as well.

Originally Posted by ovationfinancial
"Better Off Dead"
The best 80's teen movie.
I had forgotten about this awesome flick.

Thanks -- now I'm going to have to rent it this week.

Here is a short list:

3 'O Clock High
Adventures In Babysitting
Better Off Dead
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Lucas
Meatballs
Mischief
My Science Project
Once Bitten
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Porkys