How much $$?

Tools    

Radioactive Spider Blood
Has anyone sold their used DVDs to local electronic stores, like Electronics Boutique, Babbages, GameStop, anything like that?

If you have, how much did you get for them?

The reason I'm asking is that I have the 6th Day DVD and would like to get the new one, but it doesn't make sense for me to have two-- so maybe I can sell it/trade it in for dough towards the second one.

Thanks!

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

Good idea; I plan to do the same for "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," maybe "The Matrix," and "The Usual Suspects." Right now eBay and Half.com look like the most viable solutions, though.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I haven't sold any of mine, but plan on getting rid of Tombstone, Usual Suspects, The Net, and Memento when the others are released.

I say as long as you keep them in "like new" condition, I would ask for at least $10 back.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

they sell at eb for 15 bucks, but i dont know how much they will buy em off u for.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Depends on where you live, but I think you'll be lucky to get five to eight bucks for each disc. Even less once the newer edition becomes available. Surprise, you aren't the only person with the bright idea to dump the old disc once you update to the new, so the market - even just the local market such as it is, becomes over-saturated with the same title. If they already have three or four of a title and they know there's a new version out with more features, why are they going to want five or six or seven copies of the no-frills disc on their shelf?

Good luck.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Exactly Holden if you hear about a movie that you already have being made into special edition sale that puppy right away or keep it cause your only going to get 5 or so bucks for it.

I had Se7en & Basic Instinct non-Special Edition I just gave them to a friend for free.

So don't hold on to them if you know your going to buy the other edition or just keep them cause it's a waste of money selling something you bought for 20 bucks for 5 well at least that what I think.

ohh yea thats a great idea! Keep them and give them to your friends for their birthday, i did that once with Final fantasy. u could give them to me for my birthday!

I recently gave my original version of Almost Famous to my sister, and the old Dirty Harry to my brother. Both titles have had special editions released in the past month or so.