The Ring 3

Tools    

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Alright, so I've noticed that there hasn't been a thread started for this movie yet so I decided "what the hey?" It's been said that a "Ring 3" could happen. But what direction will this movie go in? If they follow like the first two Japanese versions, then it's possible that it will be a prequel, then instead a sequel. Does anyone think this is a good idea? That they should just drop the Samara-Adian-Rachel thing? Or should they go on with that storyline. I personally like the Rachel and Aidan idea. I also beleive that without the "tape" in the story, the movie won't be as creepy (though they didn't use that in the second one). The prequel will mainly focus on Samara's life and to when she was killed. What's everyone's thoughts?

Originally Posted by jrs
Yes. If you are a fan of the originals and know that the prequel is part of the story. than again yes.
I think that it's possible, though, that they could fit the "prequel" story into the 2nd sequel. You know, have flaskbacks and also have Rachel discover even more about Samara. But I still want the "tape" story to be in this!! And I don't know how they could fit it in.

film making extraordinaire
I wish producers wouldn't continue with this series. The second movie was poorly written with many plot holes and lack of imagination. The element of surprise, which contributed a crucial part to the original's success is no longer a feature that the following movies can rely on. Not even the great acting of Watts could overshadow the poorly written narrative and farfetched concepts the Ring 2 presented. It is difficult to imagine a third would be any different. The original (american) was produced very well. Even though the story seemed "out there", the good acting, writing, and effects concealed that idea from many viewers; as many were just so mesmerized by Samara, they didn't think to examine the plot. Unfortunately, the second didn't create this same effect, and the negative reviews poured out from everywhere.

Ehren Kruger, the screenwriter of the second Ring, is quoted saying this when asked about the topic of The Ring 3.

"Well, we haven't explained everything, but the story is structurally self-contained. It has a proper ending. And if Rachel thought things were bad when she had seven days to live, this situation is worse" said Kruger. "There will be one if you want one, if you know what I mean - democracy in action. I don't know if I'd be involved. I suspect the story would be radically different from 1 or 2, but I suspect Samara would be in it."

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by xResidentEvil3x
this situation is worse"
So is this movie.

Originally Posted by xResidentEvil3x
but I suspect Samara would be in it."
Once again I roll my eyes at this guy (see?)

I would just like to point out that I thought Ring 2 was a lot more disturbing and frightening than the first film. I mean... Aiden, the boy, is being taken over by Samara, and he can only talk to his mother, Naomi Watts, through her dreams.

WARNING: "Ring 2" spoilers below
He tells his mom that she has to kill him in order to get rid of Samara, and she tries to by drowning him in a bathtub!

I thought The Ring looked stupid from day one. People at work kept talking about how scary it was but I didn't pay much attention to them due to having terrible taste in movies.

When it came to video my friend rented it. He told me it had some really creepy parts, so I decided to give it a try. I actually really liked it and found it much creepier than I thought. It's just so hard for films to come off that way any more.

When I heard they were doing a Ring II, I just knew it would suck (come on, horror films sequels suck ass), so I was going to wait for it to come to video. Out of boredom, I saw it at the $1 show. Of course, it sucked major balls.

Very borring
Very dumb

I will not watch a third one.

I havent seen the ring 2 but if it was as good as the first i would like to see the ring 3 made

The Dark Lord Reborn
I saw the first ring and im excited to see the 2nd, when it comes out on video. However, i only recently found out that it was based on japaniese movies, i heard all different things, like the first movie was very different from the original, but the 2nd was more like the original 2nd, i also heard they were originaly books, could someone shed some light on this for me?

The Ringu and (the far superior) Ringu are quite similar, however i think the sequels of each installment are quite different. And no offence to you, but it really pisses me off when people rant on about these American remakes and are so stuck in Hollywood they're completely clueless about the original versions of these remakes. It's especially annoying in the case of The Ring and Ringu, because the 'shock' is so much better in the original, yet won't have any effect after you've seen it in The Ring.
To be fair though, The Ring was quite good, a lot more polished than Ringu.