What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Arresting your development
...he said her bum!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
:ffers smelling salts::
bum means booty, right?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
C'mere, I'll explain it all to you.
OK! Will you use the puppets and the felt board this time?

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Never fear, Darth's here!
Just got " The Shield series 3 " , spent most of last night/early morning/late afternoon today watching it, yep it's done already and my eyes are a little squarer as I write this post.
I'm a little compulsive about these things, once I start, I find it hard to stop, perhaps I should change my user name to Pringles!!!
Series 4 has just started in Britain, so now I feel bang up to date.
Have I mentioned how much I love Amazon?

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I just bought Million Dollar Baby as a birthday present for my mom's boyfriend.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
bum means booty, right?
Can't believe you didn't know this. lol

anyways....

DVDs:

- Phantom of the Opera. This sort of grew on me. Didn't like it at first, but then I saw it again and my problems with it, (I.E. the Phantom's goofy singing voice) fell by the wayside. Emmy Rossum is beautiful, too, and that helps.

- Appleseed. CG anime with a lot of thngs blowing up and robots and I'm sure theres a story in there somewhere.

A friend of mine (who is a flight attendant) bought the film "The Aviary" for me as a birthday gift. I have always been interested in Aviation and flight attendants so I guess she thought I would like it. Before watching it all I knew is that it was a feature film written and produced by a flight attendant. I had also read an article in the San Francisco Chronicle about the gal who made it:SF CHRONICLE ARTICLE
After finally watching the film I can honestly say that it blew me away. I'm not sure how much it was made for (although I have read that it was between 25-50K) but it has amazing production value (I would have guessed the budget at closer to 1-2 mill). The acting is remarkable, beautiful cinematography and the story is very compelling. As an aspiring film maker and aviation buff I was truly inspired by this movie. The insiders perspective really shined through this fast paced, thoughtful, honest look at the people who make up the modern world of aviation.

You can watch the trailer:The Aviary Official Site

Just bought the " Great Escape ", only £3 on sale, it would have been rude not too!
All time classic war film, Steve McQueen is soooooooo cool in this movie.
Also bought " Platoon " for my mum's friend, he's ex special forces, and has never seen what IMO is the best Vietnam film. Deer Hunter runs a close second!

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
The last DVD I bought was SAW. The reason why I bought this DVD is because i've heard it was a good movie. Turns out they told the truth and nothing but the truth!

-TheButcher

The People's Republic of Clogher

After some pretty heavy recommendation.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I've had my eye on this and 3 Extremes for a while now. Let me know what you thought of it? Cheers.
Joint Security Area is a fantastic film and ties Oldboy as my favorite film of his. It's pretty heartbreaking to watch the story unfold and know that it just doesn't end happily. I'd highly recommend it over Three... Extremes.

Just got " Oldboy " and " Collateral " on sale, 2 for 1!
Bargain!

I got for good luck my black tooth.

Garden State
I was able to save $5 on it through my blockbuster.com membership and I probably would have bought it anyways so I jumped on the opportunity.

The People's Republic of Clogher

I didn't like this movie on first viewing, couldn't stand it on second. It seems to be highly rated by some eminent MoFolars so I thought I'd give Dogville another try.

£1.99 ex-rental made a difference too...

Not a fan of Lars Von Trier at all. Just someone I can't get into, a few people in my photography class drop his name every time I talk movies. Seems to be one of those directors that people believe make them sound educated in film, they don't seem to have any substance to their arguments as to why they like him. For me I have to be intrested in the story to watch a film, or have some prior knowledge of the director or stars of the movie. Don't think I'll be renting Dogville, just can't get into him as a director, and I'm not a fan of Nicole Kidman at all.