The Alien Movies

Tools    

i never saw Alien3 or alien ressurection can one of ya explain to me why most people dont like them because i loved the first and second

Naming my favorite Alien film is pretty difficult--I loved the first two, Three and Resurrection were jokes in my opinion. I'd have to say I liked the first one the most.

The first one showed the aliens as cunning and stealthy killers, a real horror in my eyes. It really freaks me out knowing that the only time I'll see the thing that kills me is when I'm choking on my own blood from its attack. A sort of off topic question, but in so many movies when a character is stabbed/attacked, ect., you'll see blood spewing from their mouths, like Quint's death in Jaws and in so many teen slasher flicks. I lack medical knowledge, so what has to be pierced for this to happen? I think the lungs, but I'm not sure.

Back on topic, the second presents the horrors of multiple aliens, although they seem to have lost their cunning and stealth, except for the first attack on the Marines.

The first one which was directed by ridley scott was quite ahead of its time

Originally Posted by Justin_Timme
A sort of off topic question, but in so many movies when a character is stabbed/attacked, ect., you'll see blood spewing from their mouths, like Quint's death in Jaws and in so many teen slasher flicks. I lack medical knowledge, so what has to be pierced for this to happen? I think the lungs, but I'm not sure.
i'm not well knowledged in medicine, but i think it would be the heart, or liver, in combination with upper sections of the stomach. If your lungs were pierced, you couldn't spit blood, much less breathe

My favorite Alien moment was when the alien jumped out of the guys stomach and started dancing around with the top-hat and cane singing, "Hello my baby hello my darling...." I love those movies. Way to be Ridley, way.to.be.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

first 2 were the best but my favorite has to be Aliens however 1 scene that i liked was in Ressurection when they were underwater and Ron's character shot the grenade launcher that pretty much it cuz the whole movies was really bad

l8r

Out all the Alien movies Aliens would have to be my favorite out of all of them, and I hope they do not make a sequel to AVP cause it was not good at all.

Out all the Alien movies Aliens would have to be my favorite out of all of them, and I hope they do not make a sequel to AVP cause it was not good at all.

accidently double posted

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
My favorite Alien moment was when the alien jumped out of the guys stomach and started dancing around with the top-hat and cane singing, "Hello my baby hello my darling...." I love those movies. Way to be Ridley, way.to.be.
Spaceballs

Movie Forums Member
I liked the whole series

Just not the 4th one which was suprisingly directed by the same director as Amelie

i am definetly not a big fan of the alien movies.

they are kinda creepy though.

I like em all.

Alien and Aliens being the best of the lot.

I liked the fact that each film stands on its own faults/merits and each one takes place in a distinctive atmosphere. The series was also the high point in both Ridley Scott and James Cameron's carreers, as well as being an interesting way to "play with" the signature styles of Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

And the actors....woah...so many brilliant actors in these films and nary a bad performance in the bunch.

A few highlights besides the obvious Sigourney Weaver as the ever changing, ever evolving Ellen Ripley.

Alien:
The entire cast, however short thier lifespan, couldn't be consdered replaceable or disposable.

Aliens:
I Love Bill Paxton, same for Lance Henrickson and Jannette Goldstien

Alien3:
Charles Dutton, Roc was one of the very few sitcoms I watched regularly and was sad to see it go, I like Dutton and his role here is just awesome. Completely elevating an otherwise forgettable film.

Alien Ressurection:
Again a great ensemble cast, Wynona Ryder being the weakest link. Brad Dourif reprising the role he played in Dune (another guilty pleasure) and Dan Hedaya managing to be both commanding and clueless at the same time.

Originally Posted by fireyhope
I liked the whole series

Just not the 4th one which was suprisingly directed by the same director as Amelie
And also the co-director of City of Lost Children and Delicatessen.

Not to mention Gary Dourdan

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
The only one I'm not keen on is Alien Resurrection. I love JP Jeunet's other films, and if it wasn't for the cross-breed ending I might have enjoyed it more.

Alien- at the time was one of the scariest most suspensefull films I'd ever seen, it still
is a great movie 26 years on, only great, original movies stand the test of time.

Aliens- Cameron upped the anti by 100 fold, a great edge of seat movie with a great
supporting cast.

Alien 3- I liked this movie a lot, I think many people were disappointed because it
wasn't as action packed as Aliens. I'm a huge fan of David Fincher, and I know
he had a lot of problems with the studio during filming, however I thought
this movie was a good way to end the series.

Alien Resurrection- not much to add to my comments already, the ending was silly
but overall, I didn't think it was as bad as the critics made out.

Alien vs Predator- It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Paul Anderson is
not a director I particularly admire, but it could have been a lot
worse.

I think if Fox is to reserect this franchise it maybe needs to go back to the original. I'm not talking a re-make, but in the original ,the aliens are aboard a crashed space ship, did they come from a different planet? Perhaps finding their original planet could be one storyline, however with Doom on the horizion, maybe a different story might make sense. Guaranteed we haven't seen the last of the alien.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Aliens is the best one of them all.