Things You Just Found Out/Learned Recently?

Tools    

Boldly going.
There's a post-credits scene in X-Men Days of Future Past.
I watched the movie the other day and for some reason I left the credits running and then all of a sudden, there it was.

I knew that the movie The Last Airbender was bashed unmercifully.

Yet I recently read the awards section of it on IMDb, and this one made me laugh:

"Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D"

Ha! Of course, Razzie Awards.

I had no idea that Elizabeth Olsen is the younger sister of the Olsen twins.

It's more of a mythology fact, but since they're both Disney movies: Hercules and Ariel are first cousins.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I learned that when I'm watching a show or a movie and a sign or paper with words written in a foreign language is shown, I can take a picture or screenshot of the sign, and using Google image search, it will translate the words on the sign. So cool.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I guess I'm not the only one going through "Long COVID" which is the only thing I can deduce... Every time I come into contact with people, I usually get this flu -- body aches, extreme fatigue, chills, and it lasts for at least 3 weeks.. It goes away, comes back.. Been like this for over 4 years.

Tom Hanks and Fred Rogers of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood are sixth cousins.
Funnily enough this sparked something from last year when my Mum did a DNA thing and found out that Mick Jagger is her third cousin, and sculptor Barbara Hepworth is her first cousin.

Talking of families... when my Dad died in 2021 and we were doing the funeral thing, my half-brother Mark was there.
He's my Dad's son, different Mum.

Not seen him for 30 years.
There was a guy with him that my full-brother Jeff recognised from his youth (they're all like, 20 years older than me)...

Turns out, this guy's name is Doug... and is my half-brother Mark's half-brother, they share the same Mother.

Doug, is the guy I was named after when I was born as the family all knew him... and there wasn't many "Dougs" in the world... and at the time, we didn't know Mark was my Dad's son, and didn't know that Mark and Doug were brothers either.

We literally only found out at Dad's funeral 2 years ago, that in effect, I was named after my own brother.

Edit:
In addition to that, Doug's son is a pool player, same as me... and plays for the team I used to play for.

I learned that when I'm watching a show or a movie and a sign or paper with words written in a foreign language is shown, I can take a picture or screenshot of the sign, and using Google image search, it will translate the words on the sign. So cool.
It's actually much easier if you use the Google translate app and just point the camera to the TV or whatever, it will translate instantly.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
It's actually much easier if you use the Google translate app and just point the camera to the TV or whatever, it will translate instantly.
On wow! I didn't know about that. I didn't know there was a Google translate app.

On wow! I didn't know about that. I didn't know there was a Google translate app.
One of the best apps ever!!

Best thing Google Translate does though is if you type in rude words and hit the Speaker Icon.

Hours and hours of endless laughter from my kids when they were little.

Talking of families... when my Dad died in 2021 and we were doing the funeral thing, my half-brother Mark was there.
He's my Dad's son, different Mum.

Not seen him for 30 years.
There was a guy with him that my full-brother Jeff recognised from his youth (they're all like, 20 years older than me)...

Turns out, this guy's name is Doug... and is my half-brother Mark's half-brother, they share the same Mother.

Doug, is the guy I was named after when I was born as the family all knew him... and there wasn't many "Dougs" in the world... and at the time, we didn't know Mark was my Dad's son, and didn't know that Mark and Doug were brothers either.

We literally only found out at Dad's funeral 2 years ago, that in effect, I was named after my own brother.

Edit:
In addition to that, Doug's son is a pool player, same as me... and plays for the team I used to play for.
Trying to follow this, I immediately thought of this old song.

Hehe!
My Dad did get around in his youth.
When he passed, I was actually expecting all sorts of brothers and sisters we knew nothing about to appear.
Like, if dozens of dozens of previously unknown siblings turned up, it wouldn't have surprised me.

Hehe!
My Dad did get around in his youth.
When he passed, I was actually expecting all sorts of brothers and sisters we knew nothing about to appear.
Like, if dozens of dozens of previously unknown siblings turned up, it wouldn't have surprised me.
That kind of happened to a friend. He had been fostered as a kid and late in life he found a whole pack of siblings and that his dad was some kind of wild man.

I've been aware of the song since I was little... but I just learned (from you) that Willie Nelson did a version of it!

Cary Elwes is related to the (in)famous British miser John Elwes, who was likely in part the inspiration for the character Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I turned on the TV, and before I even found out the title, I thought to myself, "This looks very much like "Doctor Zhivago" (only saw once, and I remember almost none of it) and when I looked to see who directed "This Happy Breed" it was David Lean.

I don't think I've mentioned this to anyone, but when I was a teen, I would always guess the year of a movie my brother was watching and would come very close. Same with music. I wonder what it is. Maybe there's something out there for me I don't know about.