Mark Ruffalo, Poor Things
19 votes. You may not vote on this poll

And the nominees are...

Sterling K. Brown, American Fiction
Robert DeNiro, Killers of the Flower Moon
Robert Downey Jr., Oppenheimer
Ryan Gosling, Barbie
Mark Ruffalo, Poor Things

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I haven't seen American Fiction or Poor Things, but am happy for DeNiro, Downey, and Gosling. I'm confident that Robert Downey Jr. will win this. I think Charles Melton and Dominic Sessa deserved nominations too.

I've not seen the film Barbie - was Ryan Gosling's one of the best supporting performances of the last 12 months?
I was very mixed on Barbie, rating it a 6/10, but I do feel that yes he was one of the top 5 supporting performances of the year.

Downey's work in Oppenheimer was splendid. He would certainly deserve it if he wins.

OTOH I thought DeNiro's portrayal was some of his best in quite awhile.

Robert Downey Jr has this in the bag.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Just watched Killers of the Flower Moon so I have now seen three of the supporting actor nominees. De Niro was great in this movie, but this is Robert Downey Jr's year, he is long overdue.

After watching Poor Things today, I have now seen all the nominees here but just don't see anyone taking this from Robert Downey Jr.