Movies you PRAY they never remake

Tools    

Yeah I suppose youre right. I wonder why I always thought it a Spielberg movie.

It's the subtle difference between a Spielberg film and a Darabont film.

And that subtle difference is a giant gaping chasm of difference.

It's the subtle difference between a Spielberg film and a Darabont film.

And that subtle difference is a giant gaping chasm of difference.

And a bromance with the author.

And a bromance with the author.

Ya, I guess you could say he's got a knack for faithfully adapting King's work but....who cares. His books or stories are always better unfaithfully adapted.

I hope "The Warriors" never gets re-made.

However, I wish someone would remake "J.D.'s Revenge" as long as it's not Rob Zombie...

No remakes of The Forbidden Planet and it's 1950's spacecraft, Kodachrome color, electronic music soundtrack and....more than anything else, the Id Monster. At about 3:25 in this clip, the invisible monster is illuminated by ray guns, animated by old school, non-digital, hand-done animation. I saw this as a kid in a drive-in and it scared the living sh*t out of me, didn't sleep for a week, hearing that monster and the crew screaming, outside my bedroom window.

Jaws. But I fear it's going to happen eventually.
Being a minimalist movie with only three elements; a boat with people, sharks and an ocean, it seems the only way to remake this would be adding new elements and changing dialogue. I dont think remaking this movie is a job for a real pro.

I'd just go with anything better than a 7.0 on IMDB. There's no shortage of new scripts to be written and I can't think of too many cases where a remake improved on the "original". You're also on dangerous turf in a remake of a movie where the star is doing some sort of iconic role or, especially is an icon themselves....no new Scarlet O'Hara and nobody else being Rick in a neo-Casablanca.

Shawshank Redemption isnt a Spielberg movie? Are you sure?
Frank Darabont directed and co-wrote, with Stephen King

Seven Samurai

This movie is a perfect classic that tells a story about ancient living all civilizations can understand and should never be remade.

Seven Samurai

This movie is a perfect classic that tells a story about ancient living all civilizations can understand and should never be remade.
I believe it influenced The Magnificent Seven.

Any of those early Woody Allen movies, the ones where he portrayed the lovable nebbish, before Allen the real guy, was immersed in accusations. We'll never know the real truth, but a do-over on those movies would just be too cringe-worthy.