IMDB Votes Breakdown Information Gone?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Next to the score, there's a parenthesis with the amount of people who rated the movie. Up until today (when I noticed), you were able to click the hyperlink and it would have a great breakdown by age, gender, etc., and now it's down to five countries' ratings only.

Did this happen recently, or am I the only one who cares/notices?

I just noticed this option a few months ago, but didn't realize they had removed it.

Next to the score, there's a parenthesis with the amount of people who rated the movie. Up until today (when I noticed), you were able to click the hyperlink and it would have a great breakdown by age, gender, etc., and now it's down to five countries' ratings only.

Did this happen recently, or am I the only one who cares/notices?
It's gone alright. I rarely checked the score breakdown by age and gender but when I did it was interesting data. Every change IMDB has made recently sucks.

It's gone alright. I rarely checked the score breakdown by age and gender but when I did it was interesting data. Every change IMDB has made recently sucks.

They got rid of their message board, and then only made bad decisions. It was like the movie bible, and they're destroying it.

The message boards did not have the necessary level of moderation, and were full of hate speech, spoilers, and spam. They either needed to get rid of them or update the moderation, and I don't blame them for letting them go.

As for the age/gender breakdowns, IMDb has gotten a lot of scrutiny in terms of the data and ratings it displays. Age and gender are self-reported, and so IMDb can't actually verify them. Heck, even the ratings themselves are only moderately scientific because of the number of people willing to engage in rigging the scores.

There are definitely some aspects of IMDb that are community based, things like the reviews, trivia, parents' guide, etc. But I think it makes sense for them to start to clamp down on elements that are unverifiable because they are meant to be a database.

I love it as a way to get information on who wrote/directed/starred in a film, information about the soundtrack, etc. I also love it as a way to track the ratings I've given films, and I really like how easy it is to sort my own ratings and to search for films based on different criteria.

The truth is in here
I personally abhor how unspecific the vote counting has gotten. You used to see stuff like 17,056 votes, but today that would just say 17K. As someone who likes statistics that really pisses me off. Absolutely flabbergasted over why they changed that.

As for the message boards, some of the threads could be annoying but I really didn't find it as awful as some made it out to be. Whatever hate speech was featured must have been rare, because I don't remember coming across it often. It was a great way to talk about movies more indepth, and even find fans of very obscure films that I would usually struggle finding people who've seen. I will never forgive them for taking that away from me, and every decision since then like matt said have only gone from bad to worse.

They got rid of their message board, and then only made bad decisions. It was like the movie bible, and they're destroying it.
I don't mind the message boards being gone but I hate the new layout of the IMDB pages which is a dumbed down view for mobile phones. Just one example, if I look at a director's filmography I have to click See All so I can see all the films that the person directed. Same thing on the movie's trivia page, I have to click to see all the trivia. I look at a lot of movies and directors/actors at IMDB and it's a drag to have to click to See All over and over.

And if a person is not using an adblocker they throw a bunch of ads at you too.

I did notice there were demos based on users with a certain amount of ratings on there that had their own ratings based on vote counts. With that many pages on that site, moderating it sounds like a nightmare. As for the design of it now, I tend to agree with CR about the newer layout not being a personal favorite.

I don't mind the message boards being gone but I hate the new layout of the IMDB pages which is a dumbed down view for mobile phones. Just one example, if I look at a director's filmography I have to click See All so I can see all the films that the person directed. Same thing on the movie's trivia page, I have to click to see all the trivia. I look at a lot of movies and directors/actors at IMDB and it's a drag to have to click to See All over and over.

And if a person is not using an adblocker they throw a bunch of ads at you too.

I always wondered if using an ad-blocker 'hurt' but I doubt it and it's probably not worth it.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
IMDB's recent changes are really pathetic. I have seen this earlier and not at all satisfied!

Everything seems kinda Nerf'd these days.

"Last Tango In Paris" suddenly goes down in ratings to a 6.9/10.. I wanted to see the ratings according to age, because of my suspicions and then by chance, read this and shake my head as I type this, partly because many won't care too much.

"IMDb publishes weighted vote averages rather than raw data averages.
The simplest way to explain it is that although we accept and consider all votes received by users, not all votes have the same impact (or ‘weight’) on the final rating."