Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I signed up for 6 months of Starz for $20. Figured I would give this a shot. I don't expect much.

wanabe movie critique
Back to the Future!

Adore pretty much every Soderbergh film, so very excited for this.

Yup, this is also great, even the plot. What I especially like is the optimism in the sense that agoraphobia can improve.

Wow, this is decadently terrific in a very high Victorian sort of way. I have not watched Bram Stoker's Dracula in a while. We forget that in those stilted times, Stoker's book was considered to be quite racy, but it's fairly tame in our time. When Coppola did his version, he amped up the Victorian version of sexy, as well as the colors and sounds, so that this movie is really delightfully crazy. It's somewhat closer to Stoker than most Dracuala movies, but also draws on the more recent discoveries about Prince Vlad, the historical Dracula. It's really enjoyable if you like this sort of thing. Anthony Perkins chews the scenery and Gary Oldman chews the necks. Colors are amped up, bosoms heave, Dracula snarls and wolves growl. Lucy looks great coming out of her coffin. What more could you want in a vampire movie.

There goes another musical. Braces self.

Hell, no. There’s nothing wrong with it, but it’s the antithesis of what I enjoy. There’s something immeasurably ridiculous about the concept, rendered still more ridiculous here. Haley Bennett sure looks a lot like a young Jennifer Lawrence, though.
Got to give it to Dinklage: he
WARNING: spoilers below
plays dead
very well.