Films similar to The Best of Youth

Tools    

Hello.

Few days I watched this italian film named The Best of Youth.*Set in Italy from 1966 through 2003, it chronicles the life of the middle-class Carati family, focusing primarily on brothers Nicola (Luigi Lo Cascio) and Matteo (Alessio Boni) as their life paths separate during youth, encompassing major political and social events in*post–World War II Italian history.

I will very much appreciate it if you suggest me similar films with a lot of cultural and historical references.

Cinema Paradiso follows a little boy up to a young man. It follows a small Italian village and the different social mores as they change. It ends with him grown up(although the older years are really covered)

The Best of Youth is pretty great, isn't it? It's one of my very favorites.

I suggest 1900. It's not as good, but it's worth watching, especially if you're into Italian history. Just be warned that it has some pretty graphic violence and sexual content.

The Best of Youth is pretty great, isn't it? It's one of my very favorites.

I suggest 1900. It's not as good, but it's worth watching, especially if you're into Italian history. Just be warned that it has some pretty graphic violence and sexual content.

Thanks a lot. (and The Best of Youth is probably the second best movie I have seen.)