Any Lon Chaney Jr. followers out there?

Tools    

This has been a quest of mine and my friend for many years now, We are movie buffs, and like to question one another and discuss long forgotten as well as current movies. The title of this one we have been searching for has us both stumped, and we've been researching with no progress because our lack of recall.

We both watched an old Lon Chaney Jr. movie about 20 years ago. It was terribly boring, and was not one of his "monster' movies, and he wasn't in makeup. The only thing we can recall from this easily forgotten flick was a line he would mutter to himself, not moving his lips. It was supposed to be what was going trough his mind at the moment...
It was either "I think I'm going crazy, I think I'm going crazy" or "Am I going crazy? Am I going crazy?"
That's all I have! Can anyone solve this for us? What was the name of this very bad movie?
Thanks!

I absolutely love Lon Chaney, Jr.! He made a lot of films I haven't seen, though, and I don't recognize this line. Do you have any idea what kind of movie it might have been (drama, western, mystery?) or when it was made -- like, was he young, old -- any other info?

In Calling Dr Death he's accused of killing his wife, but doesn't remember doing it. So there's frequent voiceovers as he wonders if he is the killer. I don't recall him saying "am I crazy" specifically, but it's the same principle I guess.
It's part of the Inner Sanctum series. Is that the one?

I was thinking Inner Sanctum too, but my guess was "Pillow of Death" -- though it is just a guess, I don't remember it well enough to say for sure.

I absolutely love Lon Chaney, Jr.! He made a lot of films I haven't seen, though, and I don't recognize this line. Do you have any idea what kind of movie it might have been (drama, western, mystery?) or when it was made -- like, was he young, old -- any other info?

I'd say he was in his late 30s or early 40's. A drama for sure. Thanks!

Okay, it's definitely not Pillow of Death