GoogleWhack Away!

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
OK, Heres some fun for you if your bored. I think the majority of British posters will know what this term means, although the movement may have spread world wide now and im too foolish to realise. It is in fact, not a form of self pleasure involving the beloved search engine but it is a form of internet fun. Basically....

Everyone knows that Google has about a billion websites on its network (this is a guess but i doubt its far off this) and when someone searches for keywords, Google uses www.dictionary.com to firstly make sure the words are spelt correctly and then it finds every website with these words listed on their page somewhere, and then lists these sites for you.

A GoogleWhack, is when you use two random words (and only two words) as your search, and if Google only lists one webiste in its results, then that means the two words you have chosen appear together in only one website out of the billion websites listed on Google and the internet. Pretty special ay? Dave Gorman, a British comedian got the idea of someone and decided to go on an adventure and try and get 10 google whacks in a row. For every whack he found, he had to meet in person the webisites author. You'll have to watch the DVD to see if he done it. (look on www.play.com for it) but i thoguht it would be quite fun to list your GoogleWhacks here, and we can see how many we can come up with!

The Rules Are:

1. Use only two words, they can be totally random unrelated words. For example - peristalsis retentive (this is not a whack)

2. Do not use any punctuation

3. List what the website is where your google whack exists...if its a funny webiste post the address!

4. Simply post your whack here.

So as the usual tradition, i will start with mine!

amalgamen convection
Its some strange Dutch mathmetics website. Put it in the search and see what i mean!

GoogleWhack whack away....

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I think this must be nearly impossible, as I just tried "botanical supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and got 68 results. I'd like it on the record, however, that I spelled supercalifragilisticexpialidocious right on the first try.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I'd like it on the record, however, that I spelled supercalifragilisticexpialidocious right on the first try.

That cracked me up. However, it should also be noted that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious has to be the best example of a word behaving itself under all the phonic-rules.

Lets put a smile on that block
'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' - Heavens that is a word indeed...but is it in the dictionary? I spose it must be if you got 68 results. Keep trying though! It is possible! took me about half an hour to find one.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I put "vetebröd cigarette" and got:

No Time To Grow Old by Barbara Winter

Apparently it's from The Swedish Finn Historical Society's Article Collection.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Bloody hell. Took me about 15 goes.

Marvellously, "truncated octagenerian" brings up a page of reviews for a wrestling DVD

(who'd've thought there were so many sites on some of the other topics though. "Atonal Nipples" just shouldn't prompt so many responses )

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Isn't it weird that "banana blasphemy" brings you 11500 hits?

bananas ARE blasphemous. They encourage fornication. And fruit sex.

Randomly visiting for now
Yeah That british comedian came to Australia, so that's how I knew about it. I decided to search "Google Whack" first for some random reason and found sites that listed them, which would have spoiled the fun if I posted one of those. I'd have a go at finding my own but I just came back from a trip and am a bit jet-lagged maybe I'll try for a google-whack 2moro.