The Shining Trivia

Tools    

I am looking for the room number of the hotel that was in the movie, The Shining. Can anyone out there help me?

Depends, the room number in the book is 217, but in the movie it is different because the hotel they used were afraid that they ould not get as much buisiness.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Movie - Room 237

until the next time that is

history *is* moralizing
WE WANT MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

history *is* moralizing
How many Presidents had stayed at the Overlook Hotel?
3, or 4, i admit i'm not sure...

True or False: Jack Nicholson is in this film... GO!
man, do you expect us to be experts here or what??

I think 5 presidents have stayed at the overlook (going by what the book says)

Question: What is the nearest town to the Overlook Hotel?

Answer away

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Originally Posted by Charismasloverno5
I think 5 presidents have stayed at the overlook (going by what the book says)

Question: What is the nearest town to the Overlook Hotel?

Answer away
Not sure about the nearest town, but I got another trivia question. What is the REAL name of the Overlook Hotel??

Originally Posted by gothamboy
Not sure about the nearest town, but I got another trivia question. What is the REAL name of the Overlook Hotel??

A small amendment to my trivia question. What is the REAL name of the hotel used for all of the EXTERIOR shots in "The Shining"? For the record, everything shot INSIDE the hotel was on sets made for the movie, but all of the exterior shots of the hotel were of a REAL hotel. For 1 Bonus point, what state is the REAL hotel in??

Also, anybody who owns the copy of "The Shining" with that little documentary about the making of the film, with all that candid stuff with Nicholson......very cool special feature. Nicholson is as charasmatic and engaging even when they're just following him around shooting some cheesy little documentary. Truly a screen legend.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
How many Presidents had stayed at the Overlook Hotel?
Uno
Due
Tre
Quattro!!!

Oh sorry, I meant Four!!!!

What's next!?

Originally Posted by gothamboy
A small amendment to my trivia question. What is the REAL name of the hotel used for all of the EXTERIOR shots in "The Shining"? For the record, everything shot INSIDE the hotel was on sets made for the movie, but all of the exterior shots of the hotel were of a REAL hotel. For 1 Bonus point, what state is the REAL hotel in??

Also, anybody who owns the copy of "The Shining" with that little documentary about the making of the film, with all that candid stuff with Nicholson......very cool special feature. Nicholson is as charasmatic and engaging even when they're just following him around shooting some cheesy little documentary. Truly a screen legend.

Isn't the Overlook Hotel located in Colorado?

Originally Posted by Autumn2099
Isn't the Overlook Hotel located in Colorado?
Well, in the movie the hotel is called the Overlook Hotel, and yes, it is supposed to be located in Colorado, but I'm asking what the REAL hotel used for the exterior shots is called, and where THAT hotel is located. C'mon people, work with me!!!

The Best Western in Key Largo?

The exterior is Timberline Lodge in Oregon. I go snowboarding there all the time. As a matter of fact, you can snowboard or ski all year round cause' there's a glacier. Cool sh*t, huh?

www.timberlinelodge.com

"Was the movie "The Shining" filmed at Timberline Lodge?
Yes, part of it was. The front of Timberline Lodge was used for the "second unit" shots (outside shots). The snowcat shots were filmed on West Leg Road leading to Timberline Lodge. All other outside shots were filmed at a studio in England, including the maze . The inside inspirations came from the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. During a stay at the Stanley Hotel, The Shining's author, Stephen King came with the film idea. He presented the idea to director Stanley Kubrich. When asked about properties that could be used for the movie Kubrick answered, "Take me to this place." Kubrick was holding the famous Ray Atkeson photograph taken of Timberline lodge in moonlight."
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
The exterior is Timberline Lodge in Oregon. I go snowboarding there all the time. As a matter of fact, you can snowboard or ski all year round cause' there's a glacier. Cool sh*t, huh?
Pimp, my good man, that is indeed, "cool sh*t". For that you are rewarded with today's gold star, but be forewarned, those who dare boardeth the snow upon the haunted hills of that terrifying tower of treachery are bound to slip and maybe, like.....I don't know....sprain an ankle or something. Just be careful, dude, I worry about you.

BAM!! POW!! WHAMMO!!!