Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Why the F do they call it stainless steel ? !!!?? Nothing stainless about it.

It takes more time to clean my stainless steel fry pan than it does to make a meal. Soak, then scrub, then soak some more. Scrub again. Not clean ? Why just soak a few hours more. And scrub. Of course you 're not allowed to use a Brillo pad - or any effective scrubber - b/c it mars the finish. What finish??? I still have charred remains of January's onion omelet at the edges. True the food tastes very good, but why so much effort???

And I mainly bought stainless steel cookware b/c it's supposed to be inert and safe; now I read it can leach chemicals into your food as well. Especially at high temps. So now you have to cook an extra 1/2 hour on a low light; then soak and scrub with a wet hanky for 3 days.

And btw my fridge is also stainless steel - all I have to do is breathe on it to get permanent watermarks.

They should call it PIA steel.

Next household purchase I make will be friggin Teflon.

I think its one of those things that only sells because people like to complain about the irony. It's like how boston cream pie is a cake and cheesecake is a pie, but less tasty and more infuriating.

Stainless steel tastes like crap, by the way.

WiFi down this morning though TV was okay. Nothing worse than WiFi being down. This was at 10 a.m., but when I got home at noon it was back onboard. Comcast!

Words I'm sick of hearing:

Low-key
Dope
Bae
Lit
AF
Hubby
Creeper
Snowflake
Cuck

WiFi down this morning though TV was okay. Nothing worse than WiFi being down. This was at 10 a.m., but when I got home at noon it was back onboard. Comcast!
WiFi out of commish starting at 10 p.m. last night. So annoying since my entire life revolves around my iPad. (Sad, I know.) When it’s a neighborhood thing & you call Comcast there’s a recorded message that says so. No message last night so very worried it was just my house & I would have to rearrange my week to accommodate a house call from them. Turns out it wasn’t my house alone & when I came home today Comcast was out in force in front of mine & my neighbor’s house.

It’s fixed now, but what annoyed me the most was was how dismissive the Comcast tech was with me. He didn’t want to tell me anything. Considering our Comcast bill is $114 per month, could he at least have been a tiny bit civil?

Anyway, vent over & WiFi is back.

How grocery store employees ignore the customers using self check.

This is especially true for the store that is right across the parking lot from where I work (the location is the only reason why I still shop there). Went in today to pick up some things on my lunch break. Being in a rush and kind of anti-social anyway, I went through self check. One of the first items wouldn't scan properly and came up as an "unknown item" (even though I'd purchased the exact same item at self check last week with no issue) and the machine said to set it aside. The red light above the register started flashing - to signal to the employees that I was in need of assistance - but of course, nobody came over to help. I continued to scan the rest of my items and by the time I was done, still nobody had come over despite the flashing light. At that point I decided f*** it, I just won't get that one item and tried to check out - but the machine wouldn't let me check out because of the "unknown item." So I look around and see that I'm still being ignored and I took all of the other items off the register one by one and rang them up on the self check register next to the one I was initially using. All the while the light was still flashing and the machine was loudly saying "item removed from bagging area" over and over.

And still I was ignored. If it weren't for the fact that I had intended to eat some of those items for lunch and that it was already 20 minutes into my break at that point, I would have just left everything at the register and walked out.

Slow people walking in front of me and blocking the way

Slow people walking in front of me and blocking the way
Worse than that are those who are slow because they're on there mobile phones; that's a common practice nowadays. In japan that's considered rude, and people don't do it there, getting in front of people that want to go from point A to point B is considered rudeness because you're not think about other's. Japan would probably be a place where i'd be just okay.

How grocery store employees ignore the customers using self check.
Luckily at Super Stop & Shop, this isn’t an issue. There are 1-2 designated employees whose job it is to monitor the self-check “pods”. (We have all new equipment in the store so I don’t know what to call them. It’s nice because no one is standing behind waiting for you to finish.)

Instagrammers who don’t take the time to answer ANY questions posed to them by their followers.

Ditto Tweeters who ignore their followers’ questions.

Seems so very rude to me. These people are happy to accumulate literally millions of followers, but, then, basically ignore them.

Posts asking me for my opinion?

Customers at Dunkin Donuts who wait until they get up to the counter before they telephone their entire family to get everyone’s order. Then it’s a long complicated back & forth while each family member makes a choice. And never mind that there’s a long morning line for coffee. Drives me nuts. Take everyone’s order before you leave & make a list!

Socks. Socks are no good anymore.

A running gag in a new sitcom (Bob Abishola) reminded me of all the trouble I have with socks these days. First of all it's hard to find them in all cotton, which I prefer- now they are made of or mixed with poly, rayon, and/or some new unknown to me compounds which may have already been banned as pesticides.

Secondly, they don't have real standard sizes anymore. A sock for medium sized feet is now the size of apparel suited to a Barbie doll.

Most of all - they don't last! They get holes within months, even weeks after I buy them. And I' m not doing anything heavy duty in my socks - I' m not a marathon dancer, and even tho I am a hiker, I don't hike in the woods in my bare socks!!! Talk about disposable - I can wear these flimsy things 3-4 times and they're already ragged.

And btw I even tried wearing men's socks b/c they have a reputation of being more sturdy- may have been once but no more.

All the socks I buy are as durable as paper towels. Wear them and throw them out.

Socks suck!

Guess that all the good ones have gone the way of the dodo bird, the Nikon F and the slant-6 Dodge.

Phooey.

My only issue with socks is that I always struggle to find them. Or at least to find a clean pair that matches.

Socks are like sex: Tons of it about, but I never seem to get any.

My only issue with socks is that I always struggle to find them. Or at least to find a clean pair that matches.

Socks are like sex: Tons of it about, but I never seem to get any.
It took me a moment but I caught up with that reference .

So annoying whenever Apple does an upgrade & tinkers with things that don’t need tinkering with. It’s like the engineers don’t have anything to do except produce a lot of “busy work”.

Customers at Dunkin Donuts who wait until they get up to the counter before they telephone their entire family to get everyone’s order. Then it’s a long complicated back & forth while each family member makes a choice. And never mind that there’s a long morning line for coffee. Drives me nuts. Take everyone’s order before you leave & make a list!
I've never seen anyone do that but if I did I'd lose my mind. It bothers me enough when it's someone's turn then they start looking at the menu or going uhhhh let me have uhhhh. Just say what you want right away and get the f**k out of the way.

Situations like this:

Client comes in to purchase something for her dog. The total is $105.95. She hands me one 50 dollar bill and three 20 dollar bills. I checked the amount twice and put her payment in the cash box, then hand her back four 1 dollar bills and a nickel.

She then tells me that she gave me $120.00 and that I didn't give her enough change. I explain that no, she gave me $110.00 and that the change is correct. She then says something along the lines of she knows she gave me $120.00 because she got (some other amount that was neither $110 or $120) out of the bank. I explain to her that she gave me a fifty dollar bill and three twenty dollar bills. 50+20+20+20 equals 110, not 120. Eventually she gave up and left, but I have no doubt that she still thought I'd stiffed her $10.

She's a good client and I don't doubt she made an honest mathematical error somewhere, but it's simply impossible to get a total of $120 using only one fifty dollar bill and some twenties.

Hounds.

There's a basset at the office for surgery today and OMG he will not shut the hell up. The only time he has been quiet today was when he was anesthetized for surgery. Even when they sedated him before the surgery he was still howling, baying, and whining. As soon as he was awake after surgery, he started again.

We moved him to a kennel in the very back of the clinic but the sound resonates so much that it has hardly helped at all. We already called for his owner to pick him up but she said it would be awhile before she could come.

Hounds are very cute dogs and most of the ones I've met have been pretty friendly but they definitely make their presence known.

When people call and ask a question regarding their pet's medical history and - despite me saying "Let me see." - proceed to say "hello?" after like 2 seconds of silence. I'm not a speed reader and I'm trying to sift through a bunch of medical jargon and abbreviations to find the answer. Have a little patience.

The word "multicoloured" being applied to Christmas lights with only four colours. It's soul-destroying .