Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Still in a coma. Fell fast asleep and, when I woke up, the movie was over.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Contagion (2011)

Bland, too real maybe just couldn't do it.

And

Nebraska (2013)

Didn't get it, boring and hard to watch.

Hobo With a Shotgun.
Because it...
Well it's...
The reason I couldn't....

Dang it! There is just too much!

It looked and sounded like a stupid movie but I wanted to see it because it was a Rutger Hauer movie and I loved all the rest of his movies that I saw.

But this...

Try watching it and you can probably guess.

Living dead - boring.

In the Loop (2009)

A political satire lambasting combined Brit/U.S. political and bellicose high jinx, this picture tries so hard to be funny and timely that it ends up being pretentious. It's a cute idea, but the film ends up being more like a 21st Century The Goon Show.

It's chief go-to source of laughs amounts to screaming insults and rejoinders, ala Fawlty Towers and Monty Python. But in a full length movie the method is way too overused.

This could be a case of having too many writers, but yet having each of them get in their licks. And if there's a question of a line being funny or not, simply have the character shout it. That'll work. We didn't quite make the halfway mark.

Dishonorable mention
:

The Chaperone (2018)

Being a big fan of Elizabeth McGovern's, this was an eagerly anticipated film. However the near totally fictionalized "account" of a woman (McGovern) enlisted to accompany the budding dancer/actress Louis Brooks to New York for auditions --likely meant as a plum role for McGovern-- was an overly PC misfire.

Had I known it was a PBS production I could have avoided the inevitable advocacy so typical of their output. Despite fine acting from McGovern and some other cast members, the story, set in 1920, was near laughably 2018. We are treated to the obligatory "independent brassy woman" along with male homosexuality, that ends up in a crowded family relationship that would have been dangerously scandalous and probably illegal in 1920.

I made it through to the end of this one, but was slightly embarrassed that I had.

~Doc

Couldn’t make heads or tails of this movie so went online to read many of the reviews. Reviews were so atrocious that I decided not to watch any more.

Woodshock, I never heard of it, but it's sure got a low IMDB rating.
"A haunted young woman spirals in the wake of profound loss, torn between her fractured emotional state and the reality-altering effects of a potent cannabinoid drug."
Cannabinoid drug?...Is that a real thing or made up? I never heard of it before.

⬆️ Haven’t a clue. Love Kirsten Dunst, but, sometimes, I just want to relax with a movie not give myself a headache figuring out the non-existent plot.

Woodshock, I never heard of it, but it's sure got a low IMDB rating.
Cannabinoid drug?...Is that a real thing or made up? I never heard of it before.
Most popularly marijuana, hemp, etc., and others. With or without THC.

"CBDs" are set to revolutionize many medical treatments.

55 minutes through 'Alien Covenant' and I'm not sure I can stand it any longer.
I'm just trying to work out what has happened by 55 minutes in .

The effects are awful. The acting is laughable. The plot is mindless drivel. Most of it is laugh out loud funny. Including Billy Cruddup's little run and stumble:
I feel like the effects were quite a mixed bag. I didn't like the adult aliens being CGI for one. I don't know when Ridley Scott became so confident about using it for everything. They were men in suits to start with and I think he should have stuck with that but just enhanced them in some way.

Acting-wise I liked Waterston, Fassbender, Crudup and McBride.

I reckon some more people may die in this movie.
Not enough you might think .

Couldn’t make heads or tails of this movie so went online to read many of the reviews. Reviews were so atrocious that I decided not to watch any more.
Nice image .

I finished it, but wish I hadn't!
Ditto. What did you think of Branagh's (Poirot) ridiculous mustache?

I did like Johnny Depp's performance. More characterizations like that would be nice.

I really struggled with Annihilation, like really, really struggled... I liked the movie, but just kept falling asleep every time I'd put it on. Obviously I finished watching the movie eventually, hence why I liked the overall movie. But yeah, thats the most recent film I can remember which I really struggled to finish purely because it kept sending me off to sleep.

Ditto. What did you think of Branagh's (Poirot) ridiculous mustache?

I did like Johnny Depp's performance. More characterizations like that would be nice.
Ha, luckily I don't remember much about the movie or his mustache. I seem to remember it ended in a cave? It did have one benefit as it gave me interest in watching the original Murder on the Orient Express.

I really struggled with Annihilation, like really, really struggled... I liked the movie, but just kept falling asleep every time I'd put it on. Obviously I finished watching the movie eventually, hence why I liked the overall movie. But yeah, thats the most recent film I can remember which I really struggled to finish purely because it kept sending me off to sleep.
I didn't like Annihilation either, but I never thought of it as a sleep inducing movie. I mean there was action/excitement in it.